Chemo still sucks on taxol

Options
13»

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @melclarity that is so tough!! I agree they don’t tell u what can happen. I have had lots of weird little things happen that I didn’t expect, and possibly even more continuing things could happen post chemo. The only reason I know it’s “normal” and I’m not alone is from this forum. One thing I found was that losing your hair hurts/is very uncomfortable which is something I never would of expected but is normal. I’m seeing my oncologist next week for my finished chemo chat so it will be interesting to see how interested she is in the list of symptoms and questions I have. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Mine was not remotely interested. Which is not pleasant as a patient, but maybe as a doctor every patient is more or less the same and it's so it's just not pertinent, and almost certainly boring. Doesn't make us feel good though.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm I get sick of the fact some of them just treat us like we are on a production line. They get so jaded they forget we are all scared and confused and actually do have feeling. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel And then when you get one that isn't like that it's such a nice experience. I count myself lucky that my breast surgeon is so caring and personable.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm It is so lovely when U get someone that treats u like an individual and not a production line person - almost makes up for all the other a holes
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Just saw my oncology and he said that how I'm geefeel is very normal but that I'm doing well. Extreme tiredness is due to suppression of bone marrow and if bloods show it's mecessarn down the track, I will have a transfusion.  He also said that I can expect it to get worse as I go along.  Really happy with the honesty even if it doesn't change the outcome.

• kmakm
    Options
    Good. I hate being 'handled'. I much prefer the straightforward telling it like it is approach.
  • Sister
    Options
    I'm sure my phone does the opposite of autocorrect after I've hit post comment.
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Well @sister I just googled mecassarn - I wanted to know what that was, in case I get it too! hahahahahahaha
  • Sister
    Options
    I'm sure that won't be "necessary" @Eastmum!
  • Matt
    Matt Member Posts: 14
    Options
    wow I wish I didn't read this post @Sister :-) I start my first T tomorrow, weekly for 12 weeks after seeing the onc today she warned me it will be different from the ac which I handled well, but what bugs me at the moment, I have to give blood on a weekly basis, I think i'm running out of the red stuff
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Matt just make sure you convey absolutely everything to your Team each week you go in, as they keep a record of everything. If you handled AC pretty well, you may just be ok with Taxol, you'll only know as you go along. Fingers crossed for you. M 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hang in there @Matt, some people do better than others, on pretty much all the drugs it seems. You might be lucky. I hope so! K xox
  • Sister
    Options
    @Matt Sorry to have alarmed you.  You will get there - it's just a real drag.  I actually feel better (mentally) for knowing what is going on with my body.  The onc telling me that what I'm feeling is par for the course because I'm not having a chance to repair before the next dose and that the extreme fatigue is because I'm so low on red blood cells (and it will be treated if it gets too bad) makes me think that I can get through it.  I'm still emotionally low, but this is halfway through so next treatment I'll be on the other side of the hump.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    He @Sister,

I haven't read the full post but it sounds like you are having a really tough time.  Keep your eye on that goal post.  You're nearly there lovely.  I kept a calendar in my car so as soon as I walked out I could put a big red cross through another week, It's hard to believe when you are going through all this, but time flies and before you know it you'll be a year down the track.  xoxo

Wholly shit @melclarity that certainly a rough trot to say the least.  So glad you are feeling good now.  What a lot of hard work to you had get back there though. xoxox

@Matt It's just another one of those things nobody knows.  You might get through without too much trouble.

It's so strange how differently everyone responds to different treatments.  I had next to no problems with Paclitaxel, but am getting an absolute flogging on the HT.  Fingers crossed for you.