Nervous about next step

Options

Comments

• Schwen
    Schwen Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Just to let you all know i have ended up in hospital on iv antibiotics, woke up yesterday with 90% of my right arm (mastectomy Side) bright red, hot and very painful, hopefully home tomorrow after 48hrs of these antibiotics, i am just hoping and preying that this doesn't delay me starting my chemo on Thursday (12th)...
    Cheers 
    Wendy....
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Schwen Gargh! Poor you. Painful and infuriating  :#  Hang in there and fingers crossed you come good fast. Bloody breast cancer... *mutters rude words under breath*
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Bugger! Hope it's sorted soon, Wendy and that you can get started on chemo (imagine wishing that) but remember that if you're told to wait a few days that it's for the best.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @shwen I had the same problem a few weeks ago, 18 months after surgery so a little different in that respect. In the slammer over the long weekend, what a raving pain the backside, and painful to boot! Hope it clears up quickly, noone needs this nonsense. Mxx
  • nikov
    nikov Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Super frustrating Wendy, wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping for the best xo
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    Bugger Bugger Bugger ..... hoping it heals quickly ... and all the best for your continuing treatment xxxxx
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Ah @Schwen - so sorry to hear you're in hospital Wendy! Such a pain! Thankfully though, the IV should sort out that infection - sounds like you've had an awful time. Fingers crossed that they won't delay your chemo again. xxxxx
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi @Schwen hoping you feel better very soon and wishing you all the best
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Schewn - hope you feel better soon - what a pain - once you have a plan you just want to get on with it.  Sending you big hugs xoxox
  • Schwen
    Schwen Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi all, you all will never guess in a million years......

Yup Chemo cancelled until next Thursday the 19th....now the thing i am most worried about is what happens when I start my chemo, i had it cancel last week because of an opened wound, now I cant get it done this week because of an infection, I have had an infection after each procedure i have been through, now they are going to pump my body full of poison, suppose i will end up in hospital with that also....so sick of all this, am now really contemplating just throwing in the towel, and saying stuff it, i am well at the moment, why push my luck how about i just live my life and carry on without any more treatment.....just soooooo fed up....sorry everyone, just how i am feeling at the moment....

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Schwen hang in there. This whole BC thing can be so demoralising. We r all always here for u. I can completely understand your concerns and frustration though. Big hugs xoxox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    SO sorry to hear of the speed humps @Schwen ... hoping things get better for you xxx

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh Schwen what a crook of poop.... no wonder you are frustrated with it all.  During my treatment they worked for the whole nine months trying to get this area to heal more.....  In the end it was a VEIN so it couldn't heal as it was healed.... it had caused my chemo to be delayed and it was frustrating..... 
    ITs ok to vent and be annoyed by these delays.... but you know some of the ladies go through chemo with minimal side effects. 
    It might be worth asking your Breast Care Nurse about this delay and likelihood of you ending up in hospital on chemo? 

Hugs and energy to deal with this 
    soldiercrab

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Don't get ahead of it too much Wendy. I've had post op infections prior to chemo and have not had any neutropenic events during treatment. The pus isn't the problem, that shows you are fighting infection. The problem is where the infection is coming from in the first place. Having had surgery in two regional hospitals (one I not so fondly call the Reject Shop) I do wonder about their infection control and the quality of the post-op care. I haven't had similar issues in Metro chop shops.
    It's a strange world where we fret about not being poisoned. You will get there. Mxx
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    So annoying to have everything delayed again and again.  It takes a lot to psyche yourself up for the first chemo and then to change the plan twice is just awful.  I can totally understand your thoughts.  If it makes you feel any better, I went through all my chemo without getting any bugs, I work in a public hospital and I refused the Neulasta needle after the first one!  So you just never know. Hopefully once your over this hiccup you'll be able to get on with it and back on track.

Hope everything goes to plan next time lovely.

xoxoxoxox