So Sad

Options
13»

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @melony - amazing news that u don’t need chemo as I know u were terrified of that. I don’t need radiation so can’t help u with that but many beautiful ladies here will be a wealth of advice about what to expect with that. 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Hi this year in july it will be 6 years since l wrote my first post here.and lm still here 6 years later writing posts lol.l will be honest you have good days bad days and better days, and yes l became different good or bad l dont know but l like me haha yes l had the howling days and the bitch days and the fighter days.regards adean xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    As these things go that is excellent news, so yay for now! Hang in there, cherish the small victories and howl at the moon if you need to. I saw my breast surgeon yesterday and came away reassured on one hand, but chastened on the other by the same realisation: breast cancer will always be with me. At least we have each other here for company. K xox
  • melony
    melony Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeah K.  I think that joining this site is the best thing so far cause no one really knows.  I've spoken to all different cancer victims since being diagnosed but no one really knows like you lot. I get good news in one hand and bad in the other.  So what do we do?  I've been reading up on hormone treatment.  Yes doc says is the best outcome.  Oh yeah.  Right!  Who says?   Has she read posts on this site?  Give me a break.  And OMG Radiation stories from various people in my community(so called friends) have actually scared the crap out of me.  Then I think everyone is different.  But today is still a good day.  lol.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    BCNA have booklet on Hormone therapy. My breast care nurse gave it to me when I was in hospital 

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/treatment/hormone-therapy/

Pleased to hear your news all good!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    This is the link for the one the professionals use as well. https://www.eviq.org.au/medical-oncology/breast

• Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    that's fantastic news to hear @melony , relax and enjoy the moment, take a break , celebrate. Xxx
    I have to have radiation and hormone inhibitors too, but will probably start after you as I'm still just half way through my chemo.  
    I'm going with both gladly knowing so much research and money has been thrown at bc and this is considered the best course of action at the moment .  The best for survival rate. I consider myself lucky to be at the benefit of all that's gone on before me through money and research thrown at bc.  I hope I cope with it ok , I'll be researching rad once chemo is over as I'll do with the hormone inhibitors. I'll be asking lots of questions on this site from our lovely club members as to what to do to make it as easy on myself as possible and get the best possible outcome from my treatment. But first get this darned chemo out the way. 
    Take care xx

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @melony good news ! I too had just Radiotherapy and hormone therapy.Radiotherapy was ok just a very busy time as you attend Monday to Friday every day and was a lot of travel and hassle looking for a park.The actual treatment each day is quite quick.

I had 16 rounds and thought I would have major skin problems as am very fair but it did not happen.You need to invest in a good cream which you use 3 times per day and more if you need it . I do not recommend Sorbolene. I used Calendula cream at the centre straight after each zap and it was excellent.I used Dermaveen at home as I had already purchased it .Many ladies on here are keen on MooGoo.I creamed up for about 3months.You need to be careful with UV on the radiated area I found as it seems to activate it.

I have been on hormone therapy - Letrozole/Femara which is an Aromatase Inhibitor for post menopausal women - for 9 months and am managing ok. Yes I get joint stiffness , occasional hot flushes and a tendency to the blues .I find a 1 hour daily walk helps a lot with my joints and my mood. The only really worrying aspect for me has been the spike in my cholesterol which was formerly good .Aromatase inhibitors thin bones which was also a worry for me as I started with osteoporosis and had an existing fracture so I have 6 monthly Prolia injections.

Hope some of the above helps. 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Forgot one important thing about Radiotherapy- at the end I was engulfed with tiredness - be prepared to take things quietly.