So Sad

Options

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Hi and welcome .
    What you are experiencing is all normal. I was a blubbering mess for days. But that's okay. Just ride those waves of emotion. Once you have a treatment plan and get started you will start feeling a little better. It's the waiting that is the worst. At least it's gone now...bring on the next part of treatment. Kath x
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi to you @Melony.  All the above ladies have given excellent advice. Just to add re your question 'what's cording?' This can be a complication following node clearance, especially axillary node dissection.  The connective tissue , mixed with nearby blood vessels and lymph vessels can harden or form scar tissue.  This can feel like rope or cord extending from the scar down to the elbow or even lower.  I had it and physiotherapy massage fixed it.  Don't worry about this yet, one step at a time.  Good luck with your test results.  The wait is agony x
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @melony,
    Best wishes for your results and Oncologist consult. I hope you will need NO treatment whatsover because everything is OK
    I'm glad you are not so scared about chemo now. If it is recommended, It may treat you lightly - unknown  until you get in there! I  was lucky - on  an AC regime no nausea, had aches and pains but only for a few days each round, some problems with hand food syndrome (rash and blisters) and tiredness. But all cleared up well.
    You mentioned Centrelink - You could look up what your entitlements might be if you cannot work. Are you working now? Good to be prepared with info on  all  fronts but you'll know more after your oncologist consult what treatment is recommended for you. As you can already  see,  it is a great gang in here 
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @melony The crying part is what you'll get used to first. The waiting, you'll never get used to.
    Good luck. You're amongst a whole bunch of control freaks here. How many of you are Leo's like me?
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm not a Leo, but I am a control freak :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Leo, here.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Leo as well @PatsyN
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I’m a Virgo 
  • melony
    melony Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Now I'm crying because of all you lovely people, it fills my heart.  Thank you so much girls.  You all  have made me feel way better. I don't feel so alone anymore.  By the way I'm an Aries.  
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    U are never alone when u come on here @melony xoxoxo
  • Faerygirl
    Faerygirl Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Dear Melony, as all the lovely ladies have already added...what you're experiencing is perfectly normal and no you haven't lost the plot! Don't expect to much from yourself.. let go of the reigns for a while and make yourself priority number one! I'm a bit of a control freak(to say the least! :smiley: ) so I know what your saying. One of the ladies(sorry did try to scroll back and re-read) had very good advice...Breathe...
    Nothing will feel normal for a while But I promise you... you will be you again! I had a Mastectomy 2nd August 2017 and there ain't nothing this biatch can't do!! Before you know it you will be sitting where I am saying something similar to another who has just been diagnosed.
    Take care Melony, my thoughts are with you. XX
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Yes @kmakm you are dreadful at delegation and any offers of help. Let’s not discuss the foot injury again shall we woman! But yes @melony you have had some awesome advice so far. 
    Definately dont google anything and yes do take help if offered or ask of you need it. It’s all about you right now and that is totallly ok. We all have to adjust to this at some stage. Some of us are more compliant than others (you know who you are)!! You have to take each day at a time love and you will grow yourself a big set of hairy balls to get through this trust me. Big hug Margie. Xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @onemargie *scuffs feet* Yes Mum...