Hi, newbie here

Comments

• SallyS
    SallyS Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2018
    So just got back from my appt. I’m lost on all the medical lingo but results from my core biopsy showed an inconclusive result. It’s not showing cancer but it’s something that needs to be further looked at. He called it a Papillory Lesion? Threw around the word LCIS...  anyway I will have to go in and have another biopsy before going under to have the lump removed then it will be further tested. If it shows any cancer from there or pre cancerous cells, it may require further surgery to clear more of it and any further treatment that may be required. So I’m taking this as so far a good result and fingers crossed. Just wanted to thank you ladies for the replies and support. You guys are really amazing and so incredibly strong! Love to you all xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Annoying that it's inconclusive but heartening that they've backed away from the C word. LCIS is Lobular Carcinoma In Situ, which means abnormal cells in your breast lobules. Lobular breast cancer is less common than ductal and harder to spot in mammograms. In one way you could look at this as being good news as because it's been spotted early you'll be monitored for changes in the future. There may never be any but if there are, you'll be on it early.  But I'm not a doctor! So be guided by your team and ask as many questions as you need to. I agree, take it as good news! Hooray!
  • SallyS
    Hi everyone, I had a lump removed in surgery last Thursday 26/4 and have noticed a lump under the cut. Is this normal? Tried calling the breast care nurse but no answer yet. Thanks 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Hi Sally. It's probably what the medicos call edema, which is a fancy way of saying a build up of fluid. Nature abhors a vacuum and your body is filling the space that has been vacated. However, I am not a doctor and managing the mind is just about as important as the body (and arguably the same thing!), so if it's worrying you, definitely get it checked out. Your BreastCare nurse is a good place to start! K xox
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @SallyS Hi Sally. I had a lumpectomy Dec last year. The surgeon took tissue from under my breast to fill in the gap & did a great job. This area below the cut, however, did develop quite a lump which i did ring the surgeon's office about & spoke to a Breast care nurse. She told me that it was a build up of fluid & scar tissue & that it would eventually loosen up & any fluid would be absorbed back into the body gradually. As my area was quite hard & sore, she told me to put a small icepack on it which sat in my bra. 20 mins on & 20 mins off & to also gently massage the area with Vit E cream. I still have a bit of a lump now that is normal but it continues to soften as I massage it daily. That was my story but as @kmakm said, we are not doctors so it is best to speak to someone yourself as reassurance. I find the Breastcare nurses have WONDERFUL advice & they are usually easier to speak to than doctors. I have rung the Breastcare nurses at the hospital I had surgery in, the nurses who works at my surgeon's office & now I have a nurse of my own who I ask anything to & she always has the answers or finds them out for me. We have these wonderful resources available to us so please ring one & use their services & the peace of mind you will get from talking to them is invaluable. I hope you get a good outcome & let us know how you get on. hugs xx 
  • SallyS
    edited May 2018
    Thanks ladies. I did call the breast care nurse at Maroondah and they told me it’s quite normal. I’ve been feeling great but anytine I’m at an appt or even when I call, I’m a blubbering mess! I head back in on Monday for my results, fingers are crossed but I just had this dreaded feeling that there is some cancer lurking in there :( Time will tell I guess. How are you going @kmakm I saw your in hospital  and having a rough time? Hope things are improving for you? Whereabouts are you admitted?
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @SallyS I just realized we both had our surgery done on the same day at Maroondah !
    Waiting for results sucks doesn't it !! Blubbering mess is a pre requisite for this crap situation I think !!
    Fingers crossed for you ! 
    All the best xx
  • SallyS
    Hi @tigerbeth, wow we could have been right next to each other and not realised! We’re you just in for a lump removal too? When do you get your results back? Hope it all goes well xx
  • tigerbeth
    @ SallyS I'm sure we probably were in the same waiting area ! I'm the one that looked like shit !(no makeup)
    Yes I had a lump removed too ! 
    I was scheduled to go on Monday too but I called the breast care nurse on wed about my dressing & she moved the apt to today.
    I am happy to report that they got it all !!! Yay 
    So now onto the radiation ! fun times not ! 
    Wishing & hoping for the best for your results on Monday 
    xxx
  • SallyS
    Omg that is the best news, you must be so happy and relieved! I can’t wait to get my results, Hopefully there good like yours!! Best of luck with the radiation, do you start soon?
  • tigerbeth
    I cant stop smiling :):) I start about the 12th June  as my sons wedding is on the 10th so wanted it after that !
    I do hope your results are great too .
    Just so you know (cos I didn't) when you have your appt , after you've seen the surgeon you'll probably see the relevant oncologists. I saw the radiology oncologist then the medical one ,it was great to get all the info today .
    Came away with tons more appts but that's ok 
    Good luck xx
  • SallyS
    At the moment my lump is or was only LCIS or what they called a Papillary Lesion so not cancer, well not yet anyway (hopefully never) but it’s great to know I’ll get seen by the revellant people and hopefully come away with questions answered and an idea of what lays ahead if I have to head that way. My appts not till 1.30pm, I bet the morning will drag on
  • tigerbeth
    @SallyS Good luck tomorrow , fingers crossed for you !
    xxx
  • tigerbeth
    Great news @SallyS !!! So happy for you !
    good luck for the future xx