Comments

• Heles
    Heles Member Posts: 10
    Options
    It’s A Current Affair(channel 9).
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Do you know which night it's going to be on or has it already shown?
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,608
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am keen to watch the ACA program as well - we are permanently tuned to the Seven network just now whilst the Games are on!!

I guess my boobs are dense - I've just always called them lumpy!  I had my first 'cyst' scare in my late 20s & another one during menopause when I was on HRT cream & it was assumed the testosterone component had caused the tissue change back then.

I am more than happy to be a part of the discussion - anything that will identify 'earlier risk factors' that will hopefully help other women being diagnosed earlier = more minimal surgery/followup required.

My 'regular' mammogram 6 months prior to BC detection didn't show anything.  My GP 'felt something' in Nov when she did a breast check as I was in for a pap smear - and she suggested I have another mammogram & ultrasound - to be sure, to be sure.  I am pretty sure she mentioned me having 'dense tissue' i.e. difficult to 'feel'.

The following Mammogram I had in Dec did the '75 slice thing' so assume it was a 3D one?  Even tho the GP's referral indicated the exact position of the '? tumour' - the person/?professional reading the mammogram still did not 'see it' (tho my surgeon could!)  The ultrasound came back as 'inconclusive' on the 2 suspect areas and suggested a cone biopsy on both.  This proved positive in both.

So how many other's cancers have been missed in the mammogram program?   I am advising all my buddies to request an ultrasound now & then as I personally now have no faith in mammograms!  :(   They are only as good as the person 'seeing it' and writing the report! 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Remember ladies you can usually watch it online or on your streaming device .... 

• arpie
    Options
    Just trying to search for it now as the other half wants to watch the sport!! 
  • arpie
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It is on tomorrow night!!!
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @arpie I agree that reports are too subjective. I had identical experiences with ultrasounds, my bete noire.
  • arpie
    Options
    WOW!  AWESOME find, Kate!!

That should be rolled out nationwide!!  

Can BCNA add the link to their 'info page'? @Giovanna_BCNA

• arpie
    Options
    A Current Affair .... Right NOW - with @kmakm

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thanks @arpie.

I wondered if anyone would spot it!

I hope people pay attention and start asking if their breast tissue is dense.
  • arpie
    Options
    I hope that Breast Screening Australia TELLS ALL Aussie women that they have Dense Breasts & give them information on getting other more relevant checks done!

Here's the link!

https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair/2018/extras/latest/180824/cancer-warning
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That's what we're trying to get them to do. Fingers crossed they're listening. Our bodies, we deserve to know.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Thanks @arpie Saved me looking for it.  Good onya @kmakm
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Will be writing up what I learned about Breast Density at the workshop here on Thursday over weekend .Have asked that papers delivered be made available online - the talk about new WA survey  is unreleased as yet so won’t be .