Newstart Centerlink MD's?

Options
2»

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Hi @Rapunzel, CenterStink, lol I love it. Very appropriate name. To date, my first medical certificate expired on the 6th. No call from disability provider yet. May be someone higher up in CenterStink accepted the second certificate after all.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    hi there @Brenda5 how did you go with Centrelink??

Margie 
  • Brenda5
    Options
    I would say someone with half a brain in centerlink accepted the second certificate as I haven't heard a word from or about the disability job provider yet. ;)

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Brenda5 That's good news, for the time being.  Fran x
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Brenda5 - please make sure you accept all offers for help with this madness. Next time you go to C/link ask someone to go with you if that's possible.
    I had experience of their madness a few years ago and phoned my local Fed.MP - I was in tears and the woman I spoke to said she had a direct line to C/Link and would attend to the matter. Within one hour she phoned to say everything had been sorted. I wrote to the MP expressing my thanks.
  • Michelle_BCNA
    Michelle_BCNA Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi @Brenda5,

I'm sorry to hear Centrelink is causing you grief at a time when you least need it.
    It makes absolutely no sense that cancer is seen as a disability in the eyes of the law but not Centrelink.
    You have received some great advice from the online members and I agree this is a situation that requires action.
    There is a good chance that once you go to the Disability Employment Service they will accept the Doctors Certificate however, you shouldn't have to take this step. I also recommend you get in touch with your local member. They are in a position to deliver quick results.
    If you have any further questions or if I can help in any way feel free to message me online or ring the advisory line and ask to speak to Michelle.
    Please keep me updated with your progress.

Best wishes,
    Michelle
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Brenda5 I've been worried for you about this. I'm overwhelmed at the moment because of all the complications and waits and frustrations, waiting for surgery; but there's nothing I can do about that. I'm just in the system. But YOU should be able to have an immediate response to your situation. Honestly, you don't NEED to wait. For your own sake, I strongly urge you to contact Mr Pitt's office, with the details I gave before. They should be able to sort it immediately. You should not have to suffer this complication on top of the cancer and treatment. Fran x  @Beryl C. @Michelle_BCNA
  • Brenda5
    Options
    Centrelink refused to implement my second doctors certificate however there is good news.
    They have referred me to a disability job provider and the boss lady of that immediately put a line through Centrelinks idea of applying for 20 jobs per month and said I could have a year off of that. I still have to see them every fortnight as I think the government pays them for that but it will be more to checking how my mental and bodily health is going and do I need any extra help or not.
    I got the feeling from both the centrelinks complaints dept and the disability job provider that my case fell only a few points short of disability pension as the job provider said should I get any more side effects or medical problems to let them know immediately.
    I would rather NOT have anything more go wrong with me thank you lol.
    I am hoping I can stay on this Tamoxifen and live a very quiet low stress life and then get my brain power and full body energy back when my medications stop in a few more years time.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

That's fantastic news @brenda5but it is disgraceful that you have been given such a run around to get to such an obvious destination.

Though the response from the job provider is appropriate, you going to see them every fortnight is only keeping them on the public teat. Which is also irritating when they are probably charging more for their non-service than you are getting in payments. Make sure if there is help available you find out what it is and accept it if you need it. That way at least someone deserving is benefiting.

Anyway, put your feet up and enjoy a bit of 'me time' for now. Don't spend that centrelink cheque all at once :)

Marg xxx