Paula xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Excellent, can't wait!!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Zoffiel you should so do that I love it!, it’s a no fucking around book and that’s what you need when you go through this shit. Absolutely go for it. Well done. Margie xx 
  • onemargie
    Options
    And you have my permission to use any of my posts if you want lovey. Whatever helps make your book as awesome as ever then I’m in
  • onemargie
    Options
    That is a great pic too@Romla made me laugh my fucking arse off she could put that on the the cover then put underneath..... the shit that really goes on with breast cancer!! Or she could call it “up tits creek with a paddle”  or “a story of tits and giggles”  or “holy tits shit just got real” that’s all i got for now lol better get to work!!! Margie
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Thanks for the support, ladies. It's really heartening and encouraging.

In true Zoffiel style (she is my very own alter ego after all) I'd like to say thank you for the advice and offers of help--many of you are quite capable of writing for yourselves and I encourage you to do so :)

Marg XXX

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I guess @Zoffiel why we believe it should be you is your indefatigable nature and irreverent personality makes us feel as if we are back in control of our lives rather than on some medical conveyor belt where friends and family tippytoe around us.I don’t know if our perceptions of you are always right as you too are human nor have I expressed well community attitude once a breast cancer diagnosis is given but hope you can read around my point.

Finally how about a chapter on supplements esp on the cautious side - @primek gave me a wonderful site to check if they conflict with our treatment .I’ve learnt Echinacea diminishes the benefits of Tamoxifen , and that  Curcumin shouldn’t be taken during chemo to name a couple. I guess I’ve learnt to be careful with natural .. But I’ve also learnt from the ladies like @melclarity that Magnesium is wonderful for bones whilst on aromatase inhibitors.
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Yeah ha!
    Our lives are a bit like a rabbit hole journey ..crazy alice and that bloody ticking never stopping alway tick tock and then along comes a very special surprize..... that resonates with us all ..thankyou for taking the journey to many dimensions .
    Larrikin humour award ;):o<3:D
    thankyoou Zoffiel
    Cheers B
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Yes! Those chapter titles are out there! You know we're all right behind you on this. You already have a pack of fan-girls!
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Go Marg! Keep us updated with you progress :)
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Zoffiel I totally agree with everything you said...and I think you'd write it all very well too! Sense of humour really is the only way to get through it all, because it is too ridiculous for words the entire situation from beginning to end and all the craziness in between. There seems to be no logic half the time and we do spend most of our time fighting with professionals or socially just to be acknowledged or heard on a human level. As we know, the reality of all of it is very different to the pictures the professionals want to paint and has nothing to do with positivity at all. Being positive doesnt change the ignorance of people who havent been through it or the lack of support physical, mental or financial along the way. Go you!! xx M
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Oh Zoffiel, what a brilliant idea.  Your chapter headings make me laugh, so you can't go wrong.  Il definitely buy your book.  Onwards.
    Sue P