Aches & Pains

Options
Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 324
hello lovelies...I finished chemo 4 weeks ago, but feel like my muscle/joint pain is getting worse. I’m lucky if I can walk 20 metres and stairs aaahhh where’s the lift...is this normal? TIA xx

Comments

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    My muscle and joint pain got much worse around 3-4 wks after chemo finished too. My oncologist insists its not from chemo, but what else would it be? I finished in June and still struggling.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,370
    Options
    I had no muscle and joint pain during or after chemo so your oncologist may be right that it's not an automatic thing, but the number of people who do can scarcely be coincidental!! What caused it is a bit academic, what you really need to know is what reduces it. Some people swear by exercise but not at all easy if you are in pain. Massage? Vitamin supplements?
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Yep, pain in all joints and stiff. I finished in July. I feel like and old lady and it's pissing me off as I have lots of jobs around the house that need doing and just can't right now. 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Hendrix Hey! sounds like you are on the road to recovery...ummm yep very normal, I thought id bounce back in a few months. Im nearly 2yrs post and whilst better still suffer pain, which is also a combination of meds and menopause courtesy of chemo. If I can suggest anything, dont take anti inflamms, they dont really do the job, panadol osteo helps with the aches much more. xx Chemo caused loss in bone density for me which I didnt know til post and they did the scan, hmmm and osteoporosis in my lower lumbar and neck. That doesnt worry me at all, its more I still cant walk properly and running ummm those days are gone LOL. xx 
  • Janny54
    Janny54 Member Posts: 89
    Options

OMG ladies I thought it was only me. I had my last Chemo on the 28th September and thought Yay on wards and up wards. How wrong I was I ache more now then I did through the treatment. My ankles are still swollen tho do get better as the day goes on.

I have been taking Panadol but have Panadol Osteo so will take that from now on. See if that helps more.

When will it end Lol xxxx

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Janny54 - it's nice to know you're not the only one, when you read others isn't it!  My Onc had recommended Panadol Osteo and yes they do work!  Take care x
  • Kazmar
    Kazmar Member Posts: 68
    Options
    I have just had my 3rd Chemo a week and a half ago and over the last couple of days have developed severe pain in my heel and arch of my foot. Only the one foot, l have not injured myself in anyway. The pain keeps me awake at night, and putting my heel on the ground when l get out of bed in the morning is excruciating.
    My foot does not even look swollen.
    I don't know what it is. One more chemo to go.
  • 3boysmum
    3boysmum Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Oh my goodness.....i have been wondering why getting out of bed and walking has been a bloody task!!! I finished chemo in September and am currently doing radiation but my ankles in the mornings are just hideous! Fingers crossed i can walk like a 'normal human' when i get out of bed soon!!! Hope things improve for you too.