Worried

Options

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Nenemiles sounds like you've been on a long road to diagnosis but nearly there!  Good luck with your upcoming appointment.  Hope all goes well!  Take care
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    The breast care nurse will be there for support pre and post surgery regardless of pathology diagnosis. I am glad you have been connected with one. Not long now and it will be gone either way. It will truly be a relief after all the stress it has caused. Kath x
  • Cowgirl1
    Cowgirl1 Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Oh wow wishing you all the best hope things go well for you fingers x 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,506
    Options
    I really feel for you, seems incredibly strange, I remember your posts it started in January, that's 7 months just to get to this point. Must be very difficult, an US and Mammo, and smear of the discharge to come back with nothing. Then back for another US, biopsy etc., Maybe there are ladies here who have used Breast Screen and attended Robina Hospital on the Gold Coast can jump in with some help. M 
  • Nenemiles
    Nenemiles Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks to all of you amazing ladies just reading what you all go though makes me feel like I don't have anything to really worry about. I will take one day at a time. Thanks and I will let you all know what happens. Xo
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Crossing fingers for you @Nenemiles. Hope you're doing something lovely for you in the meantime to try and keep your mind occupied. Xx
  • Isaidso
    Isaidso Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My experience of the Gold Coast hospital Robina.
    I attended the hospital in with an inflamed left breast. This was a Thursday in early December, a core biopsy was completed the next day and surgical biopsy a week later.
    I had mastectomy surgery in January. 
    I was under the care of Dr Liang a wonderful, caring and very capable surgeon. I am Day 3 post op after the prophylactic removal of my right breast. This was all undertaken in the public system. 
    I hope @Nenemiles that you get some answers at your appointment. 

• Nenemiles
    Options
    Hi Isaidso  wish you well for your recovery. When you had your surgical biopsy was it day surgery? I am a bit nervous. Xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,506
    Options
    @isaidso oh everything happened quickly for you at Robina. @nenemiles who is your Breast Surgeon?  
  • Nenemiles
    Options
    Hi Melclarity I don't know who it is. I have seen three doctors I will find out next week. I am just take it as it comes. The only thing I do know is that it could be BC and this lump that all of a sudden can be felt and is a 1 cm long that 7 mths ago couldn't be felt. And a leaky boob that has got worse since core biopsy was done. I have been so stressed about this for seven mths I am just take it as it comes now. All you beautiful people are going through a lot more than me and thanks for all the support. Xx
  • Nenemiles
    Options
    @iserbrown thank you so much for your encouragement yes I agree with what you say. I all most there and one step at a time.xx
  • Isaidso
    Isaidso Member Posts: 31
    Options
    @melclarity it certainly did and Dr Liang has been a godsend. Very caring and interested, didn't hesitate to arrange the prophylactic removal and made me a category one, so no real wait. In saying that if she got busy I would have been bumped and happily so! 
    @Nenemiles thanks for your words of support. I had a staph infection after my last mastectomy so I'm determined to have a trouble free recovery! 
  • Nenemiles
    Options
    Hi to all just a quick update. Went to the clinic yesterday I was told that they are a bit suspicious of core biopsy. So I was told I would be having a wide open excision OK in the next 30 days. OK  I am like WTF I was thinking some small op day surgery. Apparently not. So get home oh and a phone call from the doctor I saw at the hospital to ring her back. Well I hadn't meet the surgeon yet so Dr liang wants to see me in clinic in two weeks to go through with me about having a hook wire done before the op. So that has been put back a couple of weeks now and that's fine with me. I need time to breath. My head is spinning so I am sorry if I don't make much sense. Thanks xo
  • Rapunzel
    Rapunzel Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi @Nenemiles .... oh crap, really sorry to hear all that but .... yes, it's a real roller coaster and things can get 'sprung' on you very quickly.  I had a wide local excision and was in hospital overnight only.  We're all going to be a bit different of course. Once you're over this bit of shock try doing some practical things like buying button up pajamas, maybe a huge spring clean at home (I found it better to be active), clean out and restock your kitchen cupboards with stuff that's not perishable and easy to prepare, etc. etc. That may not work for you, it did a bit for me. If you want to have a melt down then have it, scream at whoever (or whatever) you can, chuck that tanty and then you might feel a little better, knackered, but better. Then remember to just keep breathing and start doing some of the practical stuff.  Feel free to tell me to eff off too ;)  Crossing fingers for you.  And don't forget to apologise to whoever you yell at....once you've good and finished yelling that is!!!