Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

NERVES KICKING IN!!

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Cate don't be silly! thats what we are all here for!!! Im in Melbourne too, so if I can help with anything sing out...mind you am in Surgery in a weeks time! hang in there!!! xo Melinda
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited February 2017
    Options

Cate64 said:

You know, it just dawned on me girls... I am so sorry, you are all in the same boat as me & here I am venting on you guys so as not to cause anxiety in the family, how perfectly horrid of me...

Big Girl Panties on :) 

Crumbs girl that's what we're here for - Family need to be protected from our real fears sometimes!   That is what we are here for, or at least that is my view, we can tolerate the venting as we get it!  It is wonderful that you've got offers coming in to be your buddy at the appointment.

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,377
    Options
    It's a fair way from me so depends when your appt is, Cate
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    Options
    all good @Afraser I currently have my big girl panties on & am ok with the thought of going alone however, who knows how i will feel in 1/2 an hour :)
  • Cate64
    Options
    @iserbrown @socoda @melclarity & @ everyone else who has given me strength on here... THANK YOU :)

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,377
    Options
    You can always yell again, we know what it's like!
  • Scooper
    Scooper Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Hi Cate.  I know exactly how you feel.  I live near the northern hospital and I am more than happy to meet you and even just sit in the waiting room with you.  This disease is crap. I have just been through scans etc re my liver.  Happy to note that I have a couple of cysts and not much else.  I think half of this is in my head.  My back is killing me.  Had a clear bone scan in August.  Bloody hell.  Taking pain killers and not much sleep.  I have a wonderful G.P. but she suggested I get some counselling.  I don't want it.  I am not imagining the pain.  Just sick of it.  Please let me know Cate if you want me to come along.  Maybe we should have a Melbourne get together soon.  I would like that. 
    xx
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi Cate,

I live 10 minutes away from the Northern Hospital, so if you need me just let me know. 

Ang xxx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Can I just say that I am so proud to be part of this forum.  Where else would you find so many selfless, genuine women caring for someone who needs a bit of support.  You are all amazing.  Cate, I am about 2000km from you but sending lots of positive thoughts and hopes that today went well for you.  Wonderful weekend to all. Jane xx
  • melclarity
    Options
    Cate am thinking of you hoping you are ok and things went alright? Xxxx
  • Cate64
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @melclarity no, it is next Friday.... lucky me, i gave another week of dread & anxiety to look forward to... 

Good head space today its Saturday = parkrun day = instant great day for Cate
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Kate , I know what it is like to be so anxious.  Sometimes when I see my oncologist and I'm feeling anxious thinking that it will be bad news, the reverse happens and its good news. Now after having mets for five years I am usually glad to find out results of scans and test even if the news is not always good. There is always treatment available . It just another challenge we all have to face and we seem to find the strength in the end.  Have you got a friend that can go with you. My husband usually comes with me as he is now retired., but when he was working I would ask a friend  or a family member. I read this once , :)  Always Remember
    You are braver than you believe, 
    Stronger than you seem,
    Smarter than you think,
    And twice as beautiful as you have ever imagined.
     Good luck you can do it .
  • melclarity
    Options
    Cate! Great!!! Hope your run was fabulous! because it feels like its a space and time you completely lose yourself...how perfect is that? and this friday got you! hang in there!! Big hugs Melinda xo