Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

What other options?

Options
2»

Comments

• Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Good to know there are 2 Red Devils, glad they don't put them together!  My cancer was 90% ER & 10% PR. My dosage wasn't in percentage but milligrams from what I can read on my notes - 95 mgs for each drug & now 125 mgs for Taxol. I was told they dose on weight & I am 50 kilos. I don't know if this helps. I think being a relative you should be able to speak to her oncologist. 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Karen, I remember them also saying if there are any problems they can reduce the dose. I don't know what I had but I'm guessing it was the full as it was never reduced. I was hospitalised after each infusion for 3 days as I was so drug sensitive and Sick. Allergic to anti nausea meds like  maxolon. Nausea was bad only thing that helped me through was Ativan and nexium for reflux. Ibuprofen and panadol taken together. Is there anyway you could attend an appointment with her in the future? I know it must be so hard but then you could ask everything. X 
  • klemaire
    klemaire Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Mum was really sick too Melinda, and she too was hospitalised for 3 days. I normally try and get my sister to go in with her, but I think I'll just call her onc to get the low down. Thanks again for all your responses. Appreciate your time ladies x 
    Share Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi Karen, 

I can't offer any further assistance here than the other ladies have, I am sorry. I have er+ secondary bc with bony mets. I have had radiotherapy this time (although had chemotherapy when I was diagnosed with early bc in 2003). 

Currently I am taking Everolimus & Exemestane (similar to your Mum) and it seems to be working - due back to see my  oncologist in a few weeks for my quarterly visit so will find it then. This is my first quarterly visit, prior to that it was monthly.

I am also on denomosaub - bi-monthly. This dosage can be amended accordingly depending on your Mum's calcium readings. Initially I was on this monthly but my calcium levels dropped significantly and ended up having a little stay in hospital.

As  distance can be an issue here, maybe you could find out when your Mum's  next appointment with her oncologist is and perhaps ring the rooms the previous week to check if you can be in a "conference call" when your Mum is in with her oncologist. That way, you are able to ask any questions that your Mum may not think of - another set of ears is always handy.

My very best wishes to both you & your Mum. My Mum had bony mets and lived 200 km's away. There were times when I was able to make some appointments but most of the time I could not. It is so difficult trying to support your Mum from a distance and you are an amazing daughter.    

Sheryl xxx
  • klemaire
    klemaire Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Sheryl, 

I have actually thought about conference calls :smile: The Evorolimus & Exastame didn't actually work for Mum which was a shock because it's apparently one of the best ones. So after that didn't work, chemo was the next best thing. I hope the E&E continue to work for you. Thank you so much for your reply x