Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Celebrating 10 Years Living with Cancer

Options

Comments

Share Member Posts: 217
    Options

Love, love hearing stories like this - so inspiring.

A wonderful milestone Karen for both you, your family and your team of doctors and carers.

Here's to the next 10 years for you and the rest of us on this site xxx  

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Congratulations  Karen  you are definitely an inspiration to us all.
  • christinag
    christinag Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations and may you live to 100 and in good health.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Well done and here's to another 10 more for you, and hopefully hassle free. My dad had testicular cancer, prostate cancer and now bone cancer and he has been having treatment for 17 years. He is very mobile and doesn't use a walker although he does use one of those mobility scooters to go up town. He is 76, nearly 77 years old.
  • sammy1970
    sammy1970 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm sooo happy for you it is great to hear we have hope and what a great team you have all the best love sam ❤️
  • Mum_of_One
    Mum_of_One Member Posts: 20
    Options

Congratulations to you and your team on your achievement. Here's to many more milestones for you.

If you don't mind me asking is it10 years since your initial breast cancer diagnosis or 10 years with metastatic disease?

• Karen_C
    Karen_C Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Hi,  I have been living with metastatic disease for 10 years.   When I had surgery, there was only 6 month window before bone mets showed up, so I believe I had at MBT at the beginning of my journey.
    Have a great day.
    Karen
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Awesome Karen, keep on keeping on. :)
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Karen that is absolutely fantastic! 
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Congratulations Karen! Here's to the 20th, 30th...and more  Nikki
  • Mum_of_One
    Mum_of_One Member Posts: 20
    Options

Thanks for answering Karen and for the hope!

I have  De Novo metastatic cancer. A 3cm lump in the breast but already a small lesion in the liver. I decided to have chemo before surgery and it was picked up on a CT scan. You and your team must be a winning combination!

• Vix
    Vix Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Wow Karen, thanks for sharing your beautiful story and the pics! You are such an inspiration to us all and remind us why we fight the fight. Go you, go us! xx

• Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Congratulations Karen. Isn't Mitchell just gorgeous?! Was on a trial and he was one of the investigators. I am now off the trial so don't get the pleasure of Mitchell's company any more!

• fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Thanks Karen . It is stories like yours that reduce my fear and anxiety at times. I am normally fine but every once in a while I worry about wot if?
    You have shown us that if things dont go to plan there is a possibility there can still be a bright future.
  • LLS
    LLS Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Congratulations Karen. Such wonderful news for you and your team. It's inspiring and a relief to hear stories such as yours. The hope they inspire cannot be underestimated, so thank you for sharing. And may you have many more such joyful occasions to post about.