Get Connected Day!

Options

Comments

• Rubes
    Rubes Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone, new to this blogging, I have had BC twice, 2000 & 2002. I now have Metastatic BC in my bones. Just wondering if anyone reading this is on Taxetere .
  • Rubes
    Rubes Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone, new to this blogging, I have had BC twice, 2000 & 2002. I now have Metastatic BC in my bones. Just wondering if anyone reading this is on Taxetere .
  • louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Rubes

There is a special group on here for ladies with Advanced Breast Cancer.  You would probably be better asking your question there.....I am not sure of the link but hopefully someone can point you in the right direction.  Good luck x

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Rubes, and welcome.  I just wanted to give you the link to the Advanced Breast Cancer group that Louise mentioned.  You can find it here: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/4218.   It is a private group, so just click on the 'request membership' link on the left hand side of the page, and marls will approve your membership next time she's online.

Di

• Heidihoe
    Heidihoe Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi LeeS I want to know how to get tested, how much it will cost?

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

I can't work this stupid system and my computer is slow. I'm trying but don't get how it works yet. Have to scroll down this far??

Get messages and don't know how to find them.

But anyway hello and welcome!

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sue,

Go to another GP and ask to have BRAC 1 & 2 your immediate family all have BC and you have no time to waste.

You could be lucky and be able to stop worrying ordo something to save your life while you have the chance!

Did you see 60mins 3 sisters youngest left it too long thought had more time now???? Very ill.

I can't get tested as they don't believe I have enough immediate family effected. Two dead cousins and third got BC now???

Go girl....

don't wait...

XXX H

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy

Heidi in Ballarat here

I read your note, hope your treatment went well.

Hope you coped with all the shit like scalves, running to loo etc..

Thoughts are with you XXX

• Heidihoe
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lala, (lovely name)

I'm no good cause I can't even work this site however just wanted to wish you luck and it may be a whirlwind but go with the tide and just keep your head up above water and hopefully it's over soon and you can come back to normal.

My thoughts are with you

it must be so scary and overwhelming, I'm sorry for you

Good Luck

Heidi

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lala,

I just wanted to jump in and say welcome and I hope you are recovering okay after your surgery - It sounds like your having a tough time of it :-(

I am not sure if you have come across the 'Women living with advanced breast cancer' group but you can find it here: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/4218. It might help to join the group, make an introductory post and connect with others that way.

Let me know if you need a hand finding your way around.

~Daina

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Lala .... let me add my greetings to Daina and Heidi ... what ever stage you are up to in your journey you will find friends here who are willing to guide you along the path.

As you cruise through our blog pages you will fine others who have "been there, done that" ........ many of our members have walked in your shoes and are only too happy to travel this road with you

Stay in touch with us ... you can also find us on facebook at Beacon BCNA (send a friend request) and Breast Cancer Network Australia.

One of your jobs now is to look after Number One ... YOU ... You are your number one priority.

Take care

Luv Shirl x0x

• Marlz
    Marlz Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed on 21st May '13. Had lump out on 30th May plus axila clearance as 1 node had cancer in it. I started chemo on 1st July and will have 3 more dense doses then 12 weekly doses then 5 - 6 weeks of radiation after chemo finished.  I was wondering how many people have had CT & Bone Scans and why I have not been offered these options.  I think my anxiety is mainly because I am scared that I have cancer somewhere else as well.  Can anyone enlighten me regarding scans we should have when we have been diagnosed with breast cancer? 
  • Marlz
    Marlz Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed on 21st May '13. Had lump out on 30th May plus axila clearance as 1 node had cancer in it. I started chemo on 1st July and will have 3 more dense doses then 12 weekly doses then 5 - 6 weeks of radiation after chemo finished.  I was wondering how many people have had CT & Bone Scans and why I have not been offered these options.  I think my anxiety is mainly because I am scared that I have cancer somewhere else as well.  Can anyone enlighten me regarding scans we should have when we have been diagnosed with breast cancer? 
  • lisavw
    lisavw Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone.

I have just found out my mum was diagnosed w TNBC over a year ago and I was only told a few days ago because it returned.

I called my mum she seems ok but saddened that it ha returned of course.  I am struggling to understand why her surgeon has told her no need for her 4 daughters to have BRAC1 mutation test. 

Anyone here able to shed light on this?

Thanks in advance

Lisa

• VivW
    VivW Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lisa, I have Breast Cancer 49, my sister 46 when diagnosed with Bowel Cancer the same as our Mum(73) and her brother RIP (63), his two daughers have cancer, 45yo breast and the other who we lost last year to lung cancer at 52. 

So much cancer but my oncologist has said my type of cancer is not common with the BRAC1 or 2 gene.  I am a big googler and Breast/Ovarian/Bowel cancers run together. When I am finished with all treatment I will be in touch with a genetics person.  I am in Wodonga, so Melbourne is the closest for me to see someone.  I will chase this up for my 3 children, as cancer is touching us at a younger age with each new generation.

Do not accept any brush off from anyone, get all the tests you need, mammograms do not always work - my breasts are too dense, so my bc was picked up 6 months after mammogram with an ultrasound, fantastic gp wanted my fatty tissue looked at again. If you dont have a good gp get one.

All the best for your mum,

VivW