Get Connected Day!

Options

Comments

• Heidihoe
    Heidihoe Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2015
    Options

Isn't this good that we can get a laugh!!!!

Being an artist I said it as I thought, can you just paint one on?

I just think the whole process is amazing full-stop.

And to feel good about it all, is just wonderful.

Thanks to advances in science and technology we get good boobs....

yeh.

• Heidihoe
    Heidihoe Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2015
    Options

NO animals were harmed in these events!

Ha Ha

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

You gave me a laugh Ree!  I can just picture my boys with the textas too!!  Maybe we could make papier mache boobs too!!

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

You gave me a laugh Ree!  I can just picture my boys with the textas too!!  Maybe we could make papier mache boobs too!!

• anne4weeks
    anne4weeks Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

I want to connect with everyone - is this part of my chemo high? Manic defence? Normal extroversion? who cares why - just be my BCNA friend!

love Anne

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Anne, welcome to the land of blog.  I haven't clicked on your name to see if you have "blogged" or introduced yourself .... I'll do that in a minute.

No matter what stage of this journey you are on at the moment you will find plenty of like-minded ladies here, whether they are on a chemo hi, extroverts, closet maniacs.  We are all here and we will be your friends from now til whenever !!!

Luv .. Shirlx0x

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Everyone...I haven't blogged since returning from the summit! Just had a quick browse through the latest comments. My thoughts are with you all and I promise to get back online asap...just got a few (few too many) things to get on top of first. Where did the days go before dr appointments became the norm????? I remember when I didn't have a regular gp because I rarely needed to see one...HAH! I'm now on first term, friendly basis with everyone at my gp clinic! One prob leads to the next...I am though available for a chat with anyone that needs an ear. Never too busy to help if needed. Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing from any of you ladies that are brca 1 or 2 positive. I just learned of some brca1 positive genes on my dad's side, history of early breast cancer and ovarian cancer and want to get tested.

• LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Everyone...I haven't blogged since returning from the summit! Just had a quick browse through the latest comments. My thoughts are with you all and I promise to get back online asap...just got a few (few too many) things to get on top of first. Where did the days go before dr appointments became the norm????? I remember when I didn't have a regular gp because I rarely needed to see one...HAH! I'm now on first term, friendly basis with everyone at my gp clinic! One prob leads to the next...I am though available for a chat with anyone that needs an ear. Never too busy to help if needed. Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing from any of you ladies that are brca 1 or 2 positive. I just learned of some brca1 positive genes on my dad's side, history of early breast cancer and ovarian cancer and want to get tested.

• LeeS
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne,

WElcome to your latest group of friends and possibly your greatest mental lifeline!!!  How are you doing with the chemo?

Lee. X

• anne4weeks
    anne4weeks Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Chemo 1 went amazingly well - no nausea, no spew, no runs, just a bit of constip but Panadol (cos I got a period at the same time (BLERRGHHH!) always glues me up. Herbal laxative sorted that. Hope that was my last period ever... but one day at a time, eh?

No real pain, just a twang here and a pop there and a prickle over yonder and none of them lasted. Chemo High is great! Saw onco today and he says I'm doing well too. But still wants to do 6 cycles.

Happy to 'friend' u, Lee as I'd say on Facebook (yes I have no life, am a Fb tragic :-)

Anne

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sue, how are you .... took me a little while to find this .... the original blog on this "Get Connected Day"/ "Getting Started" has been on-going for a couple of years now.

You and your family are certainly having a rough time of it aren't you?  May I make a constructive suggestion - hope you don't mind.

Go to your own home page and write this message on your own blog page.  It will then come up in "Latest Network Posts" and be open for every one to read.

You will be surprised the number of offers of help and advice you will have, especially in Hobart.

I can understand the fear and trauma you are feeling.  Have you sent for or been supplied with the My Journey Kit.  This is a brilliant BCNA resource and is provide absolutely free to everyone in Aust diagnosed with breast cancer.  There is so much information and help avaiable through this sight and of course there are our online members who are here to be your support crew.

You will find that as you blog, no matter what you do or say there will be someone who has "been there, done that" and we are all there fo you ... no matter if you want to laugh, cry, rant, we wil be there to laugh, cry, rant with you.

Please feel free to message me ... I have sent you a "friend request" .... hope to hear from you soon.

Take care of yourself ....

Luv Shirl x0x

• nickye05
    nickye05 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear anyone, 

My name is Nicky, 49 yrs, double mastectomy 18months ago, have been into Medicare twice to ask about breast reconstruction rebates and burst into tears the minute I open my mouth and have to leave - they will start selling tickets soon.  Is this normal? 

Also, is there anywhere in this network where I can ask about a prospective surgeon - whether anyone has experience, whether I should be worried he has so many available times?

If you've time to answer I'd be v grateful.  So nice reading your posts. 

Best, Nicky  

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Nicky, and welcome. :)

Just wanted to let you know that this is an older post, so it's possible the other network members won't see your comment here. 

Best way to get an answer to your question is to make a new post in your own blog (see the link in the pink box on the right side of the page labelled 'my blog').  You can just copy and paste this text again if you like, to make life easier.

When you post in your own blog, it will show up on the 'All Posts' page (which is here, if you haven't found it yet: http://www.bcna.org.au/node/all/blog/network), and anyone who has an anwer can jump in.

Hope that helps. :)

Di

• Mandy Tas
    Mandy Tas Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there I found this link tonight (first treatment tomorrow) probably would've been nice to start a little earlier but better late than never.

I'm in Hobart, Tasmania and was looking and hoping for other ladies that might be around me in a similar situation, or even maybe finished theirs (be nice when that day is close for me) although this is one of the good things about the online world doesn't really matter where anyone is does it?

LikeI said my first treatment is tomorrow - I'm having 4 chemo treatments then radiation after that - I've done a little wig window shopping but not purchased one yet, I'll go again next week for that although it seems a lot of ladies don't go with the wigs just choose the scarves, better go get some of these too just in case :)

Really look forward to chatting with anyone who feels like it

Good luck, big hugs and  smiles to everyone that reads this :)

• Mandy Tas
    Mandy Tas Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there I found this link tonight (first treatment tomorrow) probably would've been nice to start a little earlier but better late than never.

I'm in Hobart, Tasmania and was looking and hoping for other ladies that might be around me in a similar situation, or even maybe finished theirs (be nice when that day is close for me) although this is one of the good things about the online world doesn't really matter where anyone is does it?

LikeI said my first treatment is tomorrow - I'm having 4 chemo treatments then radiation after that - I've done a little wig window shopping but not purchased one yet, I'll go again next week for that although it seems a lot of ladies don't go with the wigs just choose the scarves, better go get some of these too just in case :)

Really look forward to chatting with anyone who feels like it

Good luck, big hugs and  smiles to everyone that reads this :)