FINALLY GOT THE LETTER IVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!

Options
onemargie
onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
Hi there all, so as you who know me would be aware since my diagnosis Ive whinged and cracked the shits to whoever will listen including the channel 10 news and the pollies about the wait times in qld just to see a surgeon at the royal Brisbane for recon surgery let alone actually getting the surgery done  and guess what I finally after nearly 2 years got the letter to say I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon next month! 

I have mentioned previously that I have seen a surgeon who does private and public at the royal bris for an opinion at least but now its my turn finally!! Have no idea how long it will be before I can have the surgery but at least the ball is rolling at least slowly. Has anyone else seen a surgeon at the royal after treatment for recon?? I would be interested to hear how long the wait might be between the consult and the actual surgery?? Advice appreciated as always lovelies.  Margie xx 

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Great news @onemargie xoxox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Brilliant!! Hooray! At long bloody last. I'm thrilled for you, bring on the foobs! K xox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Tits! Excellent!

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @onemargie
    For me it is difficult to understand why such a long wait..................however, you're finally making it towards the top of the list!  Good luck with your appointment and I hope you've got all your questions ready and you don't become tongue tied as it has been such a long time 
    Take care, sending you a virtual hug
  • Salpal
    Salpal Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Woot Woot.....So so so Happy for you lovely xxx
  • Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    That's great news!
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi@onemargie that is fabulous news!  You might find a visit (or revisit) to the Breconda tool helpful at this time to prepare for your visit to the surgeon. Link below 
    https://www.bcna.org.au/news/2017/01/breast-reconstruction-decision-making-tool-breconda-available/
    All the best for the consultation

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'm so pleased for you, Margie.  Finally, light at the end of the tunnel.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @iserbrown Hard to imagine @onemargie tongue tied!!  ;)
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    @onemargie - way to go! great news. Hope all goes well 
  • onemargie
    Options
    Thanks lovelies I’ll check out the Breconda tool and yes believe or not I might get tongue tied if I get nervous lol but it won’t be done quietly I don’t think. I can imagine it might be a bit of a “bloody hell why the fuck can’t I get out what I want to say” moment lol. Thanks guys you are the best. I’ll keep you posted. Big hugs back. Margie. Xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Woohoo. Sooooo exciting.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Options

@onemargie that is fantastic news.  The wait times are terrible in many places, QLD in particular (7 years in Cairns) which is awful.  So very happy for you.  I will attach a link for questions to ask your surgeon .  You should be able to open the link, let me know if you can't.  Not all the questions will be relevant, but it may help your remember some you hadn't thought of.

smiling for you.

Paula xx

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    hello @onemargie that is great news! Make sure you get all your questions down on paper and take someone with you to the appointment.  So great to hear that the ball has started to roll in your favour!
  • onemargie
    Options
    Thanks again lovelies. I really appreciate it. Xx