FINALLY GOT THE LETTER IVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!

Options
2»

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @onemargie

Hi just checking to see if you're about to have that long awaited appointment and more importantly that you've got all your questions in order. 
    Good luck and take care 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there everyone. Saw the plastic surgeon at the RBWH on Thursday. Dr Matthew peters. A lovely bloke. I won’t even be considered for the recon surgery for at least another 12 months. Im on the list but I’m now a catergory 3 so in qld that will mean more than that as my last referal was cat 2 and that took me nearly 2 years to get in to see him. And he has suggested a fat transplant first as my skin is quite thin (has anyone had that) apparently then the expanders around 3 months after that then for the changeover surgery at least another 12 months he said due to the wait times. So I’m in two minds now. I know I have plenty of time to make up my mind. But still not sure if I will tolerate all the wait times in between. He also suggested the TRAM but I can’t afford allowed that time off work. He said I would need at least 2 months. The implants are simpler surgery. Margie xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    At first it sounded like it was all happening but on reading again, it's just more waiting.  
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @onemargie, good to hear from you. Best wishes from jennyss
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Spend some time reading posts on the Choosing Breast Reconstruction group? The TRAM & implant chicks might be able answer some questions/clarify?
  • onemargie
    Options
    Thanks @kmakm. Was going to post it there too and check it out. The other surgeon I saw privately only said I needed the saline expanders and the implants and no fat transplant so im a bit confused. And yes @Sister it will be a long bloody process. Margie x 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Where in the process was the fat transplant suggested?
  • onemargie
    Options
    @kmakmcIt’s the first op. Liposuction from my tummy into the chest wall to build up the area for the expanders then put the expanders in around three months later then as above for the rest. So it’s 3 lots of surgery now so that’s why I’m not sure what to do. Margie x
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Hey @onemargie what a roller coaster for you! Crikey! Also check out the Reclaim your Curves website - there’s a ton of great info there. Keep us updated! Xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ditto @Joannie. Steam comes out of my ears. My oft recited gender pain treatment stats for example. Gargh  :#

Give yourself sedimentary rock time Margie. Let the info pebbles drift down through the water and see where they settle. What do you normally do about making big decisions? What's your process?