Something most people don't see every day.

Options
Brenda5
Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
As well as feeding upmteen topknot pigeons, scrub turkeys, wild ducks, little corellas, galahs and pale faced rosellas, I seem to have been nominated as the neighbor hoods lizard delicatessen. This was the second one I fed this morning.

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    So cute. I miss the lizards we had at our previous home.
    Nature continually amazes and delights me.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Cool! I like lizards. I've got skinks, geckos, blue tongues and the occasional lace monitor here. I find them endlessly entertaining.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Very impressive - What does the lizard eat. How long is it?
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Nice!  I've got a blue tongue that rests in the shade of my tomato plant some days.
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Looks prettywell fed to me... waterdragons in my backyard
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Beautiful 
  • Caseypinto
    Caseypinto Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Gorgeous! My daughter would love him! 
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    So awesome. I absolutely love lizards and i used to keep bearded dragons. 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Wow @Brenda5 have you given him a name yet? He’s awesome. Sounds like a bloody zoo st your house !! Xx 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2018
    Options
    On looking at the photo again, I realize now I am feeding two of them! This mornings one has much more banded patterns on it. They are omnivores and will eat anything but ours are addicted to cherio sausages. If a feed is not forthcoming they will stand up on their hind legs and beg like a dog for it. They are all around a meter long or more but half of it is tail which they will use to whip at birds bombing them.
    The noisy miner birds in particular hate them as they climb up the paperbarks in our nature strip park before the ocean and steal all their eggs.