First Chemo postphoned

Options
Barney74
Barney74 Member Posts: 89
Bit dissapointed as my first round of chemo has been postphoned due to getting my seroma drained again tomorrow i had that done last week aswell.
Lets hope it doesnt come back after this drainage.i should be gratefully my Oncologist is very thorough.

Comments

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    How disappointing for you. I can understand just wanting to get on with it. Best to make sure you're 100% though, especially for the first one, as you don't know how your body will react. All the best xx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    My first chemo was delayed for the same reason. Apparently chemo and sloshing fluid is not a good idea! Mine kept refilling (although nowhere near as much fluid as at the start) but didn't affect any chemo sessions after the first. Hope yours goes away!! 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @Barney74 don't stress about it too much. While there is a 'window' where the start of chemo is preferred after surgery it is about ten weeks. Depending on who you ask. 

Seroma is a pain in the arse for more many reasons. You don't need horror stories right now but the wretched things can be persistent.

Looking back I can see that getting myself overworked about time frames was not helpful when my last seroma delayed chemo by 9 weeks. But it did give me some time to do some mental 'gardening'

I wanted (another) round of chemo like I wanted anthrax. So, I moved from tossing coins and reading tea leaves as a way of making decisions to observing the shrinking time frame where I actually had a choice. By the end of that time I'd gone from considering running away and doing the bucket list to 'Just give me the f%\@ing drugs and get it over with'. 

Accepting you have to wait is hard, but sometimes you just have to. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a link between stress and seroma, but that is pure speculation on my part. Anything that stretches the whole process out is unwelcome but try, if you can, to just ride with it. Marg. Xx
  • Barney74
    Barney74 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Thank you ladies lets hope this is only delay x
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Totally get just wanting it started. Hang in there. Kath x
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Options
    So very frustrating for you @Barney74. Lets hope it settles once it's drained this time. Xx Lesley