FLAT AND FABULOUS?

Options
2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    My very good surgeon left me with a tiny amount of cleavage. A small thing (in every way) but very useful and much appreciated!
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Tennille and Afraser, thanks for the input.  Living in Brisbane the summers are humid and I live in singlets. Will this be doable with prosthetic. 
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Yes you can do prostetics in singlets. I do because of the lace panel bra. I dont usually get any more sweaty than with a normal bra. Just need a good cotten pocket.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Thanks Tennille, somehow I imagine being out in public and bending over and having the fake boob fall to the ground lol.
  • Tracey62
    Tracey62 Member Posts: 298
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you so much for your stories, it's so reassuring to hear from you. Saw the Onc yesterday who said chemo & rads then recovery time before any potential recon. The public system usually does recon at 2 yrs, so that takes the pressure off making more decisions than I can cope with at the moment.  Funny how you think you're coping ok but your brain just will not work logically. Will be "glad" when the surgeon gives me a date. Hope you all have a lovely day, Tracey xXx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I had double mastectomy in Oct 2012 no reconstruction, I didnt want and still dont want... I was 18/20DD/E  I lost 8kgs in my surgery and I have not looked back all the problems I had with heavy breasts is gone.... 
    I run a group on facebook called Breast Cancer and Beyond for all those who are still deciding to reconstruct or not.... 
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcnoffaaduaustralia/

• Hulos
    Hulos Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi, i had my mastectomy  on 14/6 /17 and not considered  reconstruction.
    I'm wearing an ahh bra with double the padding on left side and I don't see a reason for reconstruction, i dont feel any less of a women at all, I cannot think of any further ops at this point, my size was 14c...have lost 4-5 kgs in the last 6 months without trying. ..the taste buds had gone and only ate  to keep the energy levels..