Diagnosed

Options
Kim J
Kim J Member Posts: 4
hi Kim age 50 wow what a whirl wind last month has been. 
I have 46mm lump which they have start chemotherapy on 16/2/17. I'm on day 8 of first round. Going good apart from other lumps- cysts developing on my back and breast that I am now on antibiotics for, but they are causing me grief than anything. I am being a sook.  Xx

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Kim
    you are not being a sook,  treatment is exhausting on our bodies, Take it one day at a time. 

ask any questions and we will help you with answers and information that you might need. 

Do you have a breast care nurse?  http://www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au/OurMission/OurNurses/FindANurse.aspx

Have you been given the  MY Journey Kit  https://www.bcna.org.au/resources/

Alice xo

• Kim J
    Options
    Hi Soldier Crab, yes I have a breast nurse, she is great, and I have been filling in my journey journal. I am doing as suggested, by contact them for any questions. Thank you xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Not a sook. If you don't say something we all end up taking for granted chemo was a breeze for everyone else but us. It is the pits sometimes. Hey, I got a huge cyst in the nether regions which the doc gave me an antibiotic cream for. He said I would have it forever and probably need surgery one of these days. Proved him wrong by managing to burst it and it never came back. Not exactly great reading but hey just saying, we all have some strangely odd side affects and you aren't on your own. Hugz. <3
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Not a sook. I was miserable during chemo. Horrendous bloating, belching, farting and constipation. Even water made me bloat up. My poor body didn't like it. I was just miserable but got through it. Your allowed to be sad and teary and feel sorry for what you are enduring . Just go with the flow. Kath x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Kim sending a huge hug!!! definitely not a sook!!! I was excruciatingly ill 4.5 months through Chemo but there is life beyond it and its GREAT! yes side effects from it all but feel ok. Hang in there! I must admit I was never a journaler LOL was too sick to write anyway. 
    Take care and sing out if we can help with anything! Melinda xo
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    You're not a sook and sometimes chemo is slightly kind and gives us a not too bad run. 

No rhyme or reason so fingers crossed, wishing you well. 
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi Kim, you are aloud to sook all you like! I used to go into the backyard and swear in another language lol so my kids wouldn't hear. One night I was so angry and upset I tried to break a stick and it wouldn't break so I threw it. It landed on the ground so I went upto it and tried to break it with my foot. The stick won and I ended up sitting on the grass with a sore foot. All of us on here understand and are here for you. All the best xo
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Chemo is crap one day at a time and there are no sooks on this site.
    Sending you a hgf xxxxxxx
  • Kim J
    Options

Hi, all just an update, my feeling like crap, was my body reacting to having no white blood cells to fight anything, so currently holed up in hospital with a drip and Iv antibiotics going there times a day until my level goes up to 1
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Crumbs but you're in the best place possible! I had 5 days in hospital on antibiotics. 
    Take care 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    The white cell thing, neutropenia, is a bloody nuisance. It's likely you will get a shot the day after your next chemo of a drug called Neulasta which will help kick start your production of new white cells and prevent it happening.
    Neulasta affects different people in different ways. I'm one of the ones who gets severe bone pain a few days after the shot. I'm managing that with Claratyn tablets, the antihistamine stops some process that cause the extreme pain. The jury is out on whether it works for everyone but it's worth asking your onc about it if you get into strife. Heaps of people have little or no reaction to the Neulasta, hope you are one of them. As we all keep saying, chemo sucks.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey Kim J, how good is it that you had a reason for feeling like crap!! At least once it is sorted you will feel better. Yayyyyyyyy!! Xx Cath
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh so sorry your being held captive. Hoping you will recover quickly. Kath x