Slow Down Project

Options
2»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    STUNNING Quilt, @Annie C

Well done, ladies - you have more patience than I do!!

hehe - I found this today ..... you may relate to it!  ;) 

• Tri
    Tri Member Posts: 58
    Options
    I love this thread (pardon the pun), and the colours in your creative projects are gorgeous. 
    @JenD your title “slow down project” resonated - just yesterday I was walking to the beach for a swim and motivated to take a photo of the sign on the path (I’ll include it) - aside from the spectacular colour of the sky, cliffs and water I decided “slow” (but steady) needs to be my 2024 mantra. 
    My fingertips have been a bit numb but when I am finished with the current treatment I think getting the sewing machine out will be both a pleasure and great OT. 
  • Tri
    Tri Member Posts: 58
    Options

• JenD
    JenD Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Those of you quilting may like this one then.  A home project I did this over several years (as time and motivation allowed, during my boys school years, so over about 15 years!). 

Started as I found a pattern I liked in a quilting magazine, then collected fabrics and put together a combination I liked.  Ended up King Size.  Bargello quilt on front, then so as not to waste an opportunity, a scrappy design on back, so it is two sided.

It is machine quilted finished (that bit was outsourced, too much for my little janome!).    

I am in no hurrry to tackle anything quite as ambitious again, but might get back to a couple of ufo bundles that need finishing in the coming months too. Clean out the cupboards a bit...

P.S , my minischnauzer Tisha, photobomb, not shy in being in a photo..or on the bed!)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    That is a STUNNING quilt, @jenD - BOTH sides are spectacular!  Well done you!!

And I love your Mini Schnauzer too!!  A buddy has one & I've always said that if I get a dog - that would be the one I'd go for!!  ;)  
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    What an expressive pooch !  As cheeky as ?  A fabulous quilt, an amazing work of art.  Beautiful.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 923
    Options
    @anniec your quilt is lovely.   Your friend will treasure it.  
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 707
    Options
    Oh i love the idea of quilting. I am being strong and not starting anymore new projects till i finish the ones i have. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Agree!  I'm in the process of trying to finish ongoing projects before starting another.....easier said than done