Options
2»

Comments

• ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi All, 

I had my first dose of Pfizer....because of all of my other illnesses, including two auto immune disorders ... I had to stay back 30 mins. I gave hubby the thumbs up and he left after his 15 mins to get us some coffees for on the way home.

All was looking great until the 20min mark after vaccination. And here I was thinking I was going to get away with no side effects. Suddenly my chest went heavy, I got hot and felt like I was being smothered. I raised my hand quickly and by the time the nurse got to me, I had put myself on the floor. I didn’t lose conscience, but I was very vague and shaky. My arms and legs felt like lead. I was shaking and sweaty all over. 

I managed to text hubby to come back in.... he was shocked to see me on the floor surrounded by nurse and Dr. he said you’re so pale! I was on the floor for an hour before I felt well enough to get up onto a chair. The Dr didn’t like my colour and suggested they call an ambulance...as we didn’t like where the ambulance would take us, it was decided hubby would drive me to another hospital nearer to home.

by the time I got to the hospital, I was super sleepy and my legs and arms were very weak...my legs kept going from under me when walking. The ED dr saw me straight away and after examination was happy that I wasn’t anaphylactic...he said he’d seen some reactions like mine in people with auto immune disorders especially. He said he could admit me but I would only receive fluids and rest, which I could do at home...so home I went and spent the next three days asleep, by the fourth day I was a little better and able to walk around better...by day 7 I was back to ‘my normal’.

I’m due to have my second 8/10.... not looking forward to it though....my GP decided to give the second one in her clinic, so at least if I collapse again, I won’t have 100 sets of eyes looking at me on the floor! 

By the way hubby was fine...he’s as tough as nails! But hopefully he won’t have a reaction to the second. But a week of not feeling to crash hot is way better than if I contracted COVID. My Drs and The ED dr even said I would be in his ICU if I did..

Thanks for all of your comments in this thread....I made an informed decision from the advice from my Drs and the experiences of others. 

My question out of all of this is why did it take me 20 mins to feel unwell, when another lady hit the deck straight after he injection? I will be asking my GP this.

hoping you’re all well!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,644
    Options
    OMG!  I am SO sorry you had this extreme reaction to the Pfizer jab!  :(  I hope you are continuing to be well now.

I hope all continues to be well xxx
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    Options

arpie said:

OMG!  I am SO sorry you had this extreme reaction to the Pfizer jab!  :(  I hope you are continuing to be well now.

I hope all continues to be well xxx  

Thanks @arpie ..hopefully the second will be event free! Wishing you well also.