Invasion of the body snatcher

2»

Comments

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    I started rads today and two techs set me up and got me organised but at the end it was one of the techs I had at the start and another different one which threw me as suddenly another random was seeing my boob. I was stressed enough just starting today didn’t really need that surprise!

yep I’m over every man and his dog looking at me touching me and discussing me
  • Mimsy68
    Mimsy68 Member Posts: 6
    So there you go, braved the dentist....I told him that if he said the words root canal I would cry and I would then say no! Luckily just a filling it seems. Funny how I was so strong all through my diagnosis and surgery and now I’m being a big girl’s blouse!  I can’t even imagine having to do radio and chemo, you guys are Uber strong! Big hugs to you all, thank you for supporting me in my vent!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Well done you, @Mimsy68  Sounds like he was not too worried about the throbbing - and hope the filling does the trick!

@Sarnicad  -  all the best for your rads ..... I sorta got used to showing my bits to all & sundry - cos I had different people most days!  LOL  Does that make me an exhibitionist?  ;)  

• Sarnicad
    @arpie it was just the shock of it being a different person from what I was expecting now I know it could be another random I’ll be prepared that I’m flashing to half of Footscray
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    I enjoy the honesty expressed in these posts - its seven years now and I am so over being examined, baring all to complete strangers, scanned, zapped (radiation), cut, infused etc., in fact, I am 'procedured out!' Yes, all of this keeps me alive but a few years ago I became aware that when I entered the hospital I felt normal - what? I reflected on this and came to the conclusion that I knew I was getting excellent care and the staff took things in their stride, I didn't have to pay any attention to their responses, they know what to say and do. Its different with family and friends. For the next two weeks I do not have an appointment at the hospital! What in the h..... does all this do to our thinking and view of the world? My sister is planning a cruise and my other sister phones to tell me about drinks with a couple of cousins and I'm over the moon because I don't have a medical appointment! What!?
  • Mimsy68
    Soooooo with you, Beryl. I actually started crying in the car last week when my surgeon said he didn’t want to see me for 5 months! I felt like a kid being left alone in the big bad world! Crazy stuff!
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    @Sarnicad they kept doing 'the old switcheroo' during my radiotherapy too. I found the radiotherapy part of my treatment most unsettling partly because of that.
  • Silba
    Silba Member Posts: 115
    I have been asked several times for student nurses to pock at me since I have a Port for Chemo , and I'm a good practice guinea pig.:)
     I'm taking the view that , yes I hate been prodded and pocked and talk about me as I don't have a voice , but then someone else before me had it worse so that I could have this treatment, paying it forward for the next person that gets this horrible disease.
      I think of myself as a walking petri dish, it could be worse..... I know you can hate me too :wink:
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Good on you @Silba. I almost always say yes to students too. K xox
  • Sarnicad
    @Vangirl I had my meeting with the nurse today and mentioned it to her and said the person just needed to alert me to the fact that it was someone different and I’d have been fine with it, it was the fact that I’m lying there one boob fully out and the other partially covered. She offered for me to make a formal written report but I’ve left it with her to inform the practice manager.  Mind you if it happens again I will go written. 

@Silba @kmakm I’m generally happy to be the students guinea pig too when I had my planning meeting there was someone learning and I was happy to facilitate that. I just don’t want randoms popping up without the courtesy of letting me know they’re there especially when I’m in glasses that prevent me from seeing them until I take the glasses off
  • kmakm
    I quite agree @Sarnicad! Manners, proper procedure and respect. K xox
  • kmakm
    Hey @Vangirl, how was your surgery? How're you getting on? K xox
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    @kmakm I'm just settling in to my hospital bed - surgery first thing tomorrow morning!
  • Mimsy68
    Good luck Vangirl!
  • kmakm
    Fingers crossed for you @Vangirl. Hope it all goes smoothly. See you on the other side! K xox