On Our Walks

Comments

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @JJ70 thanks. My sons gave me my camera for my 60th & I hadn’t  had a chance to use it much as I was diagnosed with breast cancer the month after my birthday. I was so excited to WANT to get my camera back out again 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @JJ70 thank you 'm doing ok .Dads funeral was yesterday ,a lovely send off one that i'm sure he would've enjoyed ! Broke my heart ! Having a lazy day today (still in my pjs) I have 2 established Wisteria & 2 others in pots I need to plant ,so lovely until the wind destroys the ! 
    Love your photos @doodoo I love photography too think I might join a club to keep me busy ! 
    @Annie c that frangipani is amazing , he was very clever to create it .
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    @Doodoo...I've been feeling like that about my sax. It is out of it's case fie the first time in a long long time I am ashamed to say.  
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    oooooh  @JJ70  ...... how wonderful to get back to your sax playing!!!   Would you like to move to my town, in NSW??   I've been hoping someone with a sax would move to town, as a 'feature instrument' in my uke group!  ;)   We are experimenting with adding different instruments to some of our songs as 'solos'.  

Beautiful song, too!  :)   

Thinking of you at this sad time, @tigerbeth  xx

WOW!   Great shot with the bees, @Doodoo!!

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @tigerbeth
    I cannot claim credit for the franjipanie. The brother of @arpie created it. I just hope he has success with some more. Getting a true to colour plant  from seeds off parent plants is very difficult.  I try with desert roses but somehow another colour creeps in due to cross pollination.

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Doodoo
    Great photo of the bee and the tiny dew drop just below the bee. I did not notice it but my husband, being a photographer, picked it out. 
  • Doin'it
    @tigerbeth  yes, joining a club sounds a great idea. Go for it!

@JJ70 ooohh, I love a good sax! Yay, for getting it out ( lol, hope that doesn’t sound creepy)! 

Thanks @arpie :)

@Annie C love that your hubby noticed the dew drop xx
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Fingers crossed for some rain.  It’s like the Sahara here at the moment.

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Oops ! got my names mixed up !! I must be stressed or something ! Lol 
    @arpie that frangipani is wonderful your brother is very clever !!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    edited October 2018
    This is not my photo...I kidnapped it off FB because I didn't have my camera. This is what I marveled at yesterday on my walk around the Swan River near my house  This is a storm approaching over Freo Harbour...10 min walk from my home. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kezmusc hope u get some of what we are having in Sydney - u probably need it much more!!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Zero rain.  It split and went around us on both sides....AAArRRGGhhh
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    WOW!  Some amazing pics there - that is an incredible pic, @JJ70!!   There's been some really spectacular ones over here, too!  

We've had rain for most of today, too .. so that is great, nice light rain, just want we want. 

LOVE the dewdrop too, @Doodoo - I missed it until @Annie C mentioned it!!    I bought some 'close up' screw on lens for my phone - I must give them a go on some really macro stuff!  (One day ..... LOL)

• Doin'it
    Thanks @arpie. Can’t wait to see your pics when you get that lens out