FRANNIE

Options

Comments

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi fran..i have sent annie a message and a contact request...hopefully she takes up my offer of a chat

Take care

Sam  xxx

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi fran..i have sent annie a message and a contact request...hopefully she takes up my offer of a chat

Take care

Sam  xxx

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks sam i emailed her yesterday and she is having a tough time . has ulcers in her mouth and just fed up with things we know what thats like. i hope she answers it would be good for her to have others to talk to thanks again.

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks sam yeah annie said she had replied , but was concerned because of the stories. i also said that she doesnt have to read them but that she should consider that yes many are sad and awful but we are alive to tell them and it is good to be able to say things and know that we are being understood. she told me she felt you were very genuine  and sounded really nice so you never know she may try again. i also said that she can ask questions or just talk shit if she wants, she feels a bit low and fed up at the moment but i think once she finishes her next couple of treatments she will join in more. i have said to her that just because some got secondary it doesnt mean all will. and talking to these women gives hope and strength both ways . she agreed to keep reading comments in the blog and will consider joining in.

thanks so much for trying i appreciate it. xxx Fran

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi all well at the moment we are at Halls Gap in the grampians slowly heading home again. i did an interview with our local paper today and sent the media release and photo. which they hope to put in the paper 26th of this month to co inside with the talk i have arranged on the 29th. so will keep you posted.plus when i get back have booked times to see the medical clinic managers re putting up the displays we were given. and i also have an appointment with the district nurses to  give brochures etc. i will also leave some at the local hospital and both pharmacies. have done alot of gas bagging on line its wonderful to talk with you all but sad to think that there is so many of us. well byeeeee for now. all stay well xxxxFrannie

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi all well at the moment we are at Halls Gap in the grampians slowly heading home again. i did an interview with our local paper today and sent the media release and photo. which they hope to put in the paper 26th of this month to co inside with the talk i have arranged on the 29th. so will keep you posted.plus when i get back have booked times to see the medical clinic managers re putting up the displays we were given. and i also have an appointment with the district nurses to  give brochures etc. i will also leave some at the local hospital and both pharmacies. have done alot of gas bagging on line its wonderful to talk with you all but sad to think that there is so many of us. well byeeeee for now. all stay well xxxxFrannie

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Fran ... glad to see you are enjoying your holiday, and working at the same time.  No surprise there of course, you arfe a woman and we are renown for being multi skilled!!!

You aare doing well getting the info packs out and about ... and it will be exciting for you to see your first media release etc in the press.

Who are you speaking to on the 29th .... large crowd or small gathering?  Just a hint - if you find yourself a bit nervous or tongue tied (it will pass trust me!!!), don't focus your gaze on one or two people.  Scan the crowd, spend a little time with a section then "move on" - that way they will all feel you are speaking directly to them and won't feel "left out"

Good luck with it all

Cheers .... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Fran ... glad to see you are enjoying your holiday, and working at the same time.  No surprise there of course, you arfe a woman and we are renown for being multi skilled!!!

You aare doing well getting the info packs out and about ... and it will be exciting for you to see your first media release etc in the press.

Who are you speaking to on the 29th .... large crowd or small gathering?  Just a hint - if you find yourself a bit nervous or tongue tied (it will pass trust me!!!), don't focus your gaze on one or two people.  Scan the crowd, spend a little time with a section then "move on" - that way they will all feel you are speaking directly to them and won't feel "left out"

Good luck with it all

Cheers .... Shirl xx

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

the group is mainly survivors and newly diagnosed so i am not to stressed.

Amanda Spillare from Cancer council is also speaking on life after cancer

body image and sexuality issues. so will be a good day xxx Fran

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI all my friend Annie has been having her chemo at Maroondah Hospital in Ringwood Melbourne, she will begin radiotherapy soon and wants to know is there cheap accommodation for country people available??? its a three hour drive each way for her. she doesn't have a health care card so cant pay mega dollars. she knows she can claim on vptas but doesn't know where to stay? can anyone help ? i know peter mac in melb have units near the hospital for this but thats no help for her at maroondah, Fran

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI all my friend Annie has been having her chemo at Maroondah Hospital in Ringwood Melbourne, she will begin radiotherapy soon and wants to know is there cheap accommodation for country people available??? its a three hour drive each way for her. she doesn't have a health care card so cant pay mega dollars. she knows she can claim on vptas but doesn't know where to stay? can anyone help ? i know peter mac in melb have units near the hospital for this but thats no help for her at maroondah, Fran

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

God i dont believe this my friend Annie has had her mastectomy at Maroondah hospital in ringwood melb then her chemo at ringwood private because they  sent her there she assumes that that was the procedure and then to have radiotherapy there but she cant get cheap accomodation anywhere, and i dont think they have told her that it isnt free like in the public system i am sooooooooooooooooo angry, as i had doctors try this shit on me but i chose peter mac in bentleigh and because we said we didnt want private , the private doctors were very rude, i have been on the net for three days and so has annie trying to find some mob that will help with cheap accommodation, i have finally found one friendly faces and if they can find her cheap suitable accommodation boy will i plug their organisation, they said they will get back to me asap.so all keep your fingers crossed apparently they also work in other states so may be worth remembering??? this sucks. as if she doesnt have enough to worry about. i told her she should transfer to peter mac in melb as they have units next door and the radiotherapy is medicare funded. but she doesnt wont to rock the boat and says she has already seen the doctor. gee this shit anoyes me its all money to the quacks but its our lives and we dont need the extra mental stress.. the out of pocket costs all this causes is so wrong. and the powers that be just dont seem to care. . well i have had my bitch. Annie has said when she is over her treatment she wants to see what can be done so others dont have to go through this crap. She says when the treatment is finished she wants to see what she can do or who she can pester to fix this so others dont have to have the same shit. stay posted this is two mega angry women here. watch this space. hee hee. 

• debbie63
    debbie63 Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fran,

Sorry to hear that your plans were derailed. Enjoy those Easter eggs.

Tomorrow is another day. 

Take care, Deb

• debbie63
    debbie63 Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fran,

Sorry to hear that your plans were derailed. Enjoy those Easter eggs.

Tomorrow is another day. 

Take care, Deb

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Fran, you're not coping all that well today are you???  Things are getting on top of you more so today as it is supposed to be a happy family day, with kids, laughter and of course CHOCOLATE !!!! so you definately don't need the bitchy D-I-L.

Depression gets all of us from time to time so there is no shame in admitting it - in fact I think acknowledging it is a step towards overcoming it.  Are your anti-depressants ones prescribed by your Doctor or by someone qualified in this field?  Are you getting professional counselling?  If not ask your GP to give you a referral.  I did this a few weeks ago as I felt that things were getting on top of me for one reason and another (not only B/C).  I had the shits with the world in general, would cry for no apparent reason and lost my sense of humour (and that's bad!!!).  Some mornings I would push myself to get out of bed and was neglecting the things that I normally enjoy.

This doesn't happen all the time but I have recognised the signs and decided to do something about it before it went too far.  I remembered a phrase I used during my C/L training ..... that I am in charge of my own destiny .... so decided to practice what I preached.

I'm pleased that you are sharing your thoughts and fears with us, that's what we are all here for - to support and encourage each other during times like these.

Take care of yourself ... don't forget YOU are your number one priority!!!!

Love ....Shirl xx