Get connected day!

Options

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

Awww Ree, your sons comment has made my day...What snot!!I am gonna take it out for a "spin" today.

I read one of your earlier posts and I too had the reconstruction experience that was a little bumpy....My right implant ended up moving from the constant vomitting (reaction to the anesetic) so it lives under my armpit and I wear this sling like thingy to move it (noice) and my expander port flipped!!  The first fill was so painful cause it went into the tissue (burning pain), then they figured that the port was flipped. In addition to all that sugery cancelled cause the QLD Floods etc, then YASI.  (What snot)!!!!

Anyway, long story short, I go back on the 22nd of February to exchange the expander for an implant.

Good riddens to bad recons I say :)

• Tanya
    edited March 2015
    Options

Awww Ree, your sons comment has made my day...What snot!!I am gonna take it out for a "spin" today.

I read one of your earlier posts and I too had the reconstruction experience that was a little bumpy....My right implant ended up moving from the constant vomitting (reaction to the anesetic) so it lives under my armpit and I wear this sling like thingy to move it (noice) and my expander port flipped!!  The first fill was so painful cause it went into the tissue (burning pain), then they figured that the port was flipped. In addition to all that sugery cancelled cause the QLD Floods etc, then YASI.  (What snot)!!!!

Anyway, long story short, I go back on the 22nd of February to exchange the expander for an implant.

Good riddens to bad recons I say :)

• Ree
    Ree Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Tanya,

You have me chuckling at the thought of using my son's sayings. We don't realise how many idioms we "borrow" from them..LOL...another favourite creeping in is when one of the younger boys picks their nose, he pipes up with "want some bread with those boogers?". First time I heard it, made me nearly wet myself from laughing...

And, ouch! for the moving expander :O( Even though my doctor tells me that such incidences are rare, I've met/talked to more than 7 women in the last two months who have all had something similair happen. So much for all the fail-safes etc... I'm now waiting to see the doc again, unplanned as I'm not meant to see her before the next operation, as my right one seems to have folded or partially flipped. Not sure but have a big bulge where there shouldn't be one and it is incredibly painful and tender. My hubby jokes and reckons my body just wants to make sure there is enough room for DD implants but that is not going to happen!!! :OP

If it's okay, I would love to find out how you go with having the operation, I still can't quite picture mine in my head yet, the expanders just look flat and kind of square yet the doc says the permanent implants are shaped more like natural breast tissue so am eager to see the results...bring on April Fool's Day...hahaha

Ree xox
  • colb
    colb Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ree,

I can so relate with your sense of hiding and hoping it all fades away. I am nearing my 5 year mark yippee.. and now am looking at reconstruction. I have a marvellous family and great friends but they seriously thought my journey was over one of my friends said to me "are you still going through that" I laughed and said," yes this is my life". I still wake up every morning single breasted, come home from work throw off my prothesis and madly scramble to my room if someone knocks on the door unexpectantly. My husband is my rock he understands and is a master of balancing the look of my chest, my kids have never acted any differently so I  know I am very lucky. But I guess only those going through it can truly understand.Which is why this website is brilliant.  I am 43 years old and trying to decide if I go down the road of reconstruction with tissue expanders. Some days I am keen other days I tell myself not to be so vain.

You are so right about people not wanting to talk about it and for us it is hard, as it is now such a big part of us. We confront it every day. If you would like to talk anytime please contact me.

Colb

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline Member Posts: 106
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ree, thanks for the pep talk, sorry for not getting back sooner but only got home from hospital yesterday,I was kept in for an extra day as I had a drain this time, you never know what you are going to wake up with, the op before I expected a drain and it didn't happen this time I had not expected it and there it was.

We won't know the results until Tues or Wednesday but am of course hopeful.

I will be taking your advice and have a bit of me time as after any op I think a bit of pampering doesn't hurt.

I am hoping to go back to work for at least a couple of weeks before I start radiotherapy, just to have contact with friends and co workers I think will help get things back to normal.

Well I will say cheerio for now and go start on my 1 hr pity party for today, as after the trip home yesterday feel a bit fragile.

• colb
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jac,

Hope you are feeling  better today, the wait for results is so hard but you know nothing you can do can change them. This is how i got through the waiting every time i got worried I would just say to myself "it is what it is" and then kept so busy. Going through old photos i found was a great distraction they make you laugh and cry good therapy I reckon.I have made quite a few photo books too.

You are doing amazing and as Ree says pamper yourself  take time out for you and listen to your body.

Thinking of you

Colb

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jacqui -- glad to see you made it home safe and sound.  I'm totally with you on the pampering, you definitely deserve it!  Mind you, I just came home from having a lovely facial and massage, so I guess I *would* say that! :) 

• Jacqueline
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di...I was wondering if you could tell me how I can read just the messages that are left on my profile without having to scroll all the connections? My computer is very slow and I find at the moment I do not concentrate for long on one thing. Unfortunately there was a phone message from someone offering to help me but the persons message and the phone number was accidently deleted before I wrote it down.

I had my "Pity Party" on saturday and am now ready to get started on whatever is next for me to do.

Thanks for your support  Jacqui

• Tanya
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ditto Ree, my right one is folded up and bulges on the corner too.  Yes very weird, they are gonna fix that up next week too!!  I will give you a run down after my op next week so you know what to expect.  My big concern is how long I will need to be in hospital??  My sister is coming up for a few days so the kids can go to school as normal, but If I am in longer than the two days hubby will need to travel back and pick up the kids.

So I will keep you posted.  My friends impants were tearshapes and look more like a natural breast, mine  is roundish and looks a bit squarish too, definately not model material.

Tanya

• Tanya
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ditto Ree, my right one is folded up and bulges on the corner too.  Yes very weird, they are gonna fix that up next week too!!  I will give you a run down after my op next week so you know what to expect.  My big concern is how long I will need to be in hospital??  My sister is coming up for a few days so the kids can go to school as normal, but If I am in longer than the two days hubby will need to travel back and pick up the kids.

So I will keep you posted.  My friends impants were tearshapes and look more like a natural breast, mine  is roundish and looks a bit squarish too, definately not model material.

Tanya

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi jacqui,

Personal messages will come in to your inbox. Just click on the link in your pink profile box (see the right side of the page) to get to your inbox. If you have any messages the link wil say "xx new messages" and if you don't have any it will say "view your inbox".  You should also  receive a notification in your inbox when someone leaves a comment on one of your posts, or on a post you have commented on. 

New blog posts by your contacts will show up in a list on your homepage. To see those, click on the 'view profile' link in your pink profile box. 

Hope that's what you wanted to know -- if you're not getting any notifications then let me know and I'll check your settings for you. If you want to go through it by phone, feel free to call me in the office (03 9805 2582 :)

• colb
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ree

I am considering having an expander put in and then replaced with a fuzzy brazillian implant have you heard of these? i saw them on Acurrent Affair and spoke to my plastic surgeon about them he said they are good and everything I read about them is positive, they are teardrop shaped. I have a question for everyone out there what do you wear when you have your expander in but havent had the other side operated on to match do you just wear padding????

I hope your expander gets fixed soon...

• Jacqueline
    edited March 2015
    Options

thank you will keep practising, each time I go into the website I learn something new I have printed out the information sheets so will be a professional "surfer" soon

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good for you!  It's fun to explore, so keep trying new things.  You can't break anything, so go for it! :)

• Ree
    Ree Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone....

Wow, last few days have been hectic! I went back to work for a few days - I work in the floral industry - and the lead up to Valentine's Day was amazing! Really exhausted but so thrilling. I never realised how much I miss working and how much it can help to bump up your spirits! Don't et me wrong, I love the fact that I can stay home with my boys but being out there working for a wage is enlivening!

Jacqi, glad to hear you went well through the op, waiting for the all clear is a hard part of it but I am positive they will have gotten all that they needed to. I'm thrilled you are taking time for yourself, we tend to forget once the ops are over, how much our bodies still need recuperation time. There are still days when I need to curl up in bed and do nothing more strenuous than read a book  :O)

Colb, what is a fuzzy brazillian? The only thing I know of that name is SO not what it is, I'm sure :OP   Can you maybe let me know what date the episode was on air and I can have a look and talk to my surgeon...thanks...  As for what to put on the other side, maybe look at a prosthesis? I know myself that my padding would slip around, even inside the bra pocket, or flatten out so it looked really weird. My youngest son took great delight in squashing it flat or into strange lumps while I was out carrying him and got a few funny looks from people until I realised what he was doing. When I got fitted in the hospital for the support bra, the consultant packed so much stuffing into the pocket, I looked like a junior Dolly Parton in a bad bra...LOL  I know I was a DD before the op but come on, what's wrong with a nice C cup? Anyone would think she was thinking with testoserone...

Tanya, according to my surgeon, she is confident that 2 weeks will see me back up and running at my level now, which is to say, I can run the house, drive and look after the kids. I hope she is right as my hubby has now run out of sick leave and his job doesn't come with annual leave - his roster gives us 4 weeks off every 6 weeks so we have scheduled the surgery for the beginnig of this break. But again, I'm lucky thathe has the FIFO roster that allows this. If we were still on 2 on 2 off, it would be a big struggle as we don't have any family near us or able to fly over and stay for a couple of weeks and no-one to help with the kids  :O(  But, here's to thinking positively...

I'm looking forward to having teardrops again  :OP  The square, slightly rounded look is hell to carry off in a bikini  hahaha

Ree xxx