Unease

Options

Comments

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What an awful thing to have to go through and then on top get BC. You couldn't help but wonder about a possible connection. I remember having just come home from my bilateral mastectomy and immediate recon op which was 10 hours just to see a letter informing me I was due for a colonoscopy (I have one every five years because my mother had bowl cancer). No more surgery thank you very much! It can wait until later on. And anyway, the chemo should have cleaned up any little buggers that might be lurking surely :)

Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    All you lovely ladies know exactly how I feel. It's such a comfort to know that when you post here, you will be flooded with well wishes and warmth. So thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I possibly could have gotten to see a doctor earlier but I don't want to see one of the other doctors at the clinic who don't know me through my BC journey. I have two lovely lady Doctors who are both away until Monday so I just have to wait. I'm probably worrying for nothing anyway.

It's certainly going to be an interesting Monday with my return to work and then my Doctor's appointment.

I hope you and your partner are coming along on the road to recovery.

Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Jen.

My poor roses have all gone now. They withered and burnt in this awful heat. Looking forward to their autumn bloom though. How are your new little rose bushes going? Hope they have all survived.

I am breathing and I'm sure I'll be okay and yes, I'm listening to my Dad's record "One Day At A Time". It really does calm my nerves.

Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's nice to have employers who are generous in their understand. Good to know that they are looking after you and that your health comes first. I work at a university and had to have a meeting with OH&S to approve my return to work plan. They suggested I ease back into full time work over the next three months and they will be monitoring my progress. It will be like starting a new job when I get back as while I was away, they relocated my office and now I'm sharing with my supervisor which will be interesting. Luckily she is a really nice lady and we get on very well. I'll be training in new systems and procedures as well so in many ways, I am starting a new job. I wish I could work from home occasionally. I did that when I was first diagnosed and I got a whole lot more work done in the peace and quiet of home. Much more productive without constant interruptions. I'm sure you're right and I'll enjoy getting back into it after the first awkward day. Must have been hard for you going back after just losing your hair. I know how nerve racking it was for me with a scarf on and I was just visiting at the time. Nice to be genuinely missed too. I have had a barrage of cards and emails other the year and am quite chuffed that so many people were so thoughtful. Thanks for the fingers and toe crossing, I'm sure I'll be okay.

Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes I know they all mean well and I am very humbled by how much well wishes I've received. I don't like to be the centre of attention though and never have. I'm sure that it is nothing but a stupid cough. They probably want me on another course of antibiotics or something simple like that.

A big hug back to you. I hope that working after only six weeks doesn't exhaust you too much Paula. Look after yourself.

Janey xxx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't like being the center of attention either!!! I am only working part time, 2-3 short days a week. So so far it's ok. My biggest problem is my pesky groin if I stand too long. But luckily I can mix it up and and sit down for a while each hour. One day at a time....
    Will be thinking of you on Monday.
    Paula xx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks my friend :)
  • TinaW
    TinaW Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Take care Janey and enjoy the weekend as much as possible xxx thinking of you xxx let is know how you get on xxx
  • TinaW
    TinaW Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Take care Janey and enjoy the weekend as much as possible xxx thinking of you xxx let is know how you get on xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Karen. I'm not worried now. I think everyone is right and they would have called me in straight away if something was really wrong. I had forgotten that I had an ultra sound on my tummy scar because I had felt a slight bulge and it could quite possibly be this that they want to talk to me about. Anyway whatever it is I'm sure it's not anything to be worried about. I'm only doing six hours tomorrow at work and they are having morning tea for me, I have an hour for lunch and I've got training for an hour in the afternoon so I doubt whether I will be taxed at all. Then I'm off to the beach with my daughter for three days and back for Friday to do another 6 hours at work. Pretty light really. How are you going with your chemo? I hope your are coping in the heat.

Love Janey xxx

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just wishing you all the best for tomorrow Janey. Will be thinking of you at work and the Drs.
    Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.
    Paula x
  • LisaC
    LisaC Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow Janey! I was checking in to see if my foggy brain was correct and yes it was! You are starting back at work but I didn't expect your news...so I'm wishing you luck on more than one front although I'm sure you won't be needing it xx. Take it easy on yourself both for work and on the worry of your results. Try and enjoy your first day back, it's a surreal feeling and you will be surprised at how mentally tired you will be at the end of the day. Hope you get some sleep xx Lisa :)
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello my lovely Pink Sisters and you were all perfectly right. Nothing to worry about. My GP just wanted to give me another course of antibiotics and to let me know that I had a couple of tears on my tummy scar area where there are some internal stitches. Nothing to be done about that except to take things easy for a while and forgo any vacuuming :)

So I am feeling good.

Had my first day back at work which was exhausting! Not the work, just being greeted by everyone and people I know stopping me and asking how I was doing. But I'm off on a mini break with my daughter to the beach for three days. Just the two of us which will be fun.

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages, I am very lucky to have you all.

Love Janey xxx
  • Viv_C
    Viv_C Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Janey, really happy to hear that, I have been wondering all day. Enjoy your next few days and my guess is you will find your second day at work much easier. I certainly did. Viv xxxx