Options
13»

Comments

• Sarah54
    Sarah54 Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2015
    Options

The whinge

Ate a tiny amount of soup and collapsed with absolutely aching joints, throbbing tumor and pulsating plated arm. I felt dreadful. Maybe I had done too much. Dozed on and off went to bed and slept little. Mouth in a dreadful way, big time D (diarroah) and I am just completely over this and why on earth don't they just sedate us for 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on a saline drip.

Another day to fill. The plan is to get my sewing maching out, bet I sew I couple of fingers together? Hope your day is better than mine. Oh my hair resembles the scrawcrow out of "The wizaerd of OZ" nails and toes peeling.

Kind Regards Sarah

• skarch33
    skarch33 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh Sarah, you are doing way better in the energy stakes than I was.

However there is no way you should feel guilty about resting or sleeping anytime you can. The kids need to realise that the chemo destroys many cells and your body needs the rest to restore and recover.

I was 'lucky' in that my daughtwer took over my job (teacher -Yr 1) for 6 months as I had lots of sick leave stored away. I also realise now that I wouldn't have been able to manage working so i am extra grateful.

My family also just looked after their own food etc as I couldn't eat much for a while and they got to enjoy helping each other cook etc. You do have a full household but hopefully you can let them know that you need help and love -lots of it -so you can look after yourself on this journey.

I am over all my treatment now but look back on the past year -occasionally thinking "was I really that lazy??" (still am!) but if I say that to my kids they 'tick' me off "You've been through a hugely rough time -survival is more important than keeping up with the house etc" -lovely souls!

I hope your family will continue to give you all the support you need! xx Sue

• skarch33
    skarch33 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh Sarah, you are doing way better in the energy stakes than I was.

However there is no way you should feel guilty about resting or sleeping anytime you can. The kids need to realise that the chemo destroys many cells and your body needs the rest to restore and recover.

I was 'lucky' in that my daughtwer took over my job (teacher -Yr 1) for 6 months as I had lots of sick leave stored away. I also realise now that I wouldn't have been able to manage working so i am extra grateful.

My family also just looked after their own food etc as I couldn't eat much for a while and they got to enjoy helping each other cook etc. You do have a full household but hopefully you can let them know that you need help and love -lots of it -so you can look after yourself on this journey.

I am over all my treatment now but look back on the past year -occasionally thinking "was I really that lazy??" (still am!) but if I say that to my kids they 'tick' me off "You've been through a hugely rough time -survival is more important than keeping up with the house etc" -lovely souls!

I hope your family will continue to give you all the support you need! xx Sue