Did I run over someone in a past life?

Options

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow Janey, certainly good and bad news. Great about you kidneys. Bummer about the needles. I hear you re the veins. I have taken blood for a living and my tip to you is always be really well hydrated. Not only on the day of your test, but also the day before. Not all in one hit either, just drink small amounts often. It will make it so much easier for the nurses taking your blood. At least that will make something a bit easier for you. I guess it is all about keeping you well and clot free. Even though it is sensible, it doesn't make it any easier for you.
    Take care.
    Th king of you.
    Paula x
  • Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I see you are still awake too. I was worn out from the stress of today and thought I'd sleep like a baby but I just can't seem to shut off my mind.

Thanks for your tip on hydrating, I usually drink plenty of water but I must admit that I haven't been drinking as much in the last day or two, haven't felt too well. This morning I was in such a rush (slept in) that I didn't have breakfast which certainly wouldn't have helped. I did swig a bottle on the way to hospital but too late I guess. I'll know better next time.

Hugs right back at you
    Janey xxx
  • mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mind you not as late up here in Qld. Glad to be of help. Drink, drink, drink.
    Nitey nite
    Paula x
  • mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mind you not as late up here in Qld. Glad to be of help. Drink, drink, drink.
    Nitey nite
    Paula x
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good night to you too Paula. Hanging up my iPad now :)
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Janey

Thinking of you and sounds like you are still being put through the wringer luvly.  Not fair.  I also always have problems with getting blood now but I won't let them use my other arm and they always manage to come up with some other lil piece of equipment which helps.  I think my viens see needles these days and go a runnin for them thar hills.

I really hope things improve for you as this is the time when you should be feeling better and getting on top of it all. 

Look after yourself my luvly, Mich xoxoxoxo

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think I just got a dodgy nurse rather than my veins deciding to run for the hills, ha ha. At least I hope so. I don't like to think I will need a port at this stage after going through months of needles already without a problem. Oh well, if I do, so be it.

Anyway, how are things with you? Hope your ears aren't still giving your grief.

Love and hugs
    Janey xxx
  • nik
    nik Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh Janey, that is so unfair, all of it lovely. I did at first think there must have been a spunky Doc that was encouraging you and then l read your post so now l kow it was lol. Take care of you, another crappy hurdle you amaing ladies must face, but you go a head and put "your big girl knickers on" and smash this out of the park too. Thinking of you. xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tonya, Oh believe me I did scream there for a while. Especially when I knew I'd be continuing on the needles for at least six months and possibly for life. Came home and did the 'why me?' thing. But as we all know, nobody ever answers you on that question so I know I just have to get on with it. Thanks for your vibes. I hope the universe listens. Love to you Janey xxx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you Nik. X
  • Tanya C
    Tanya C Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2015
    Options

Janey I can't believe everything your going through.  I agree with you regarding 2013 must be the bad luck in the 13.  I was reading your blogs and found that you are also suffering UTI's I have never had one of these prior to the chemo and found that the docetaxol sparked it on a week after each treatment.  I was told to take cranberry juice also and to stay away from freshly squeezed orange juice which made it worse for me anyway.  So sorry to hear about the injections continuing for longer than 3 months I hope this is the last of the bad news for you and that from now onwards you only have good news. Keep smiling Janey and remember you are always in my thoughts.

• Tanya C
    edited March 2015
    Options

Janey I can't believe everything your going through.  I agree with you regarding 2013 must be the bad luck in the 13.  I was reading your blogs and found that you are also suffering UTI's I have never had one of these prior to the chemo and found that the docetaxol sparked it on a week after each treatment.  I was told to take cranberry juice also and to stay away from freshly squeezed orange juice which made it worse for me anyway.  So sorry to hear about the injections continuing for longer than 3 months I hope this is the last of the bad news for you and that from now onwards you only have good news. Keep smiling Janey and remember you are always in my thoughts.

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm doing much better and I think the UTI has cleared up. I think the needles affect my husband now more than me. He doesn't like inflicting pane. So I do my best, grit my teeth and try not to cry out. Believe it or not I think it helps with the pain.

You must have started your radiotherapy today. I hope it all went well. How often do you have to do this?

Thanks for thinking of me.

Love Janey xxx
  • Tanya C
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes Janey, I did sort of start my radiotherapy I had a talk with my radiotherapist and then went and had a CT scan and they put the tatoos on me.  So glad your feeling better.  Take care.

Love Tanya xxx

• Tanya C
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes Janey, I did sort of start my radiotherapy I had a talk with my radiotherapist and then went and had a CT scan and they put the tatoos on me.  So glad your feeling better.  Take care.

Love Tanya xxx