Did I run over someone in a past life?

Options

Comments

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just another small hickup I'm sure I'll get over soon. Lovely to read that your son is showing support and the his school is getting behind him. What a brave boy to shave his head. You must be very proud of him.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just started the antibiotics so hope they'll soon do the trick. How are you going Paula. Have you found a Plastic Surgeon yet?
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to complain. It's the nature of this beast isn't it. Hope that you've found a good solution for your sore mouth. Biotene did the trick for me.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Any back to you Jodie. Hope you're continuing to do well.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Right on with the chocs. Last night after a particularly nasty needle, I had a choc wedge icecream. Yum! Haven't had one for years and my son brought a box home for me. Only problem is stopping a just one :)
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Love your double Dutch. :)
    Wish I could be at the Perth Ladies Xmas get together. But maybe one day I'll get over there.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just by posting your comment you have made me feel better so thank you. I am taking care of myself and not pushing too hard.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The young Italian doctor on duty at St Vs was very good looking so you've guessed my secret. Just can't stay away LOL.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The good news according to the St Vs doctor was that I am on the right medication to treat all the blood clots. I have an appointment to see a haematologist this Friday so I will find out more then.
    Thanks for thinking of me.
    Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Viv,
    I have heard that cranberries are good for UTIs. I've made a note to ask the Haematologist about this on Friday when I see her as I have read somewhere that if taking warfarin, you shouldn't have cranberries. I'm not on warfarin but Clexane is a blood thinner so I'll check first. Thanks for suggesting it though. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    Love Janey xxx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes. I am going with my original plastic surgeon in Cairns but he is flying a PS friend of his up from Brisbane to assist as he said doubles are such a big op and very tiring on his own. So much microsurgery. I am happy with that. Two PS instead of one.
    Take care.
    Paula :)
  • LouiseTurner
    LouiseTurner Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Paula, that is great news. XXX

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good and bad news today. Not too bad though. The good news is I don't have to have tests on my kidneys. My Onc told me today she doesn't believe I have a problem as I don't present with any of the 'normal' symptoms to indicated kidney damage and the antibiotics are kicking in and seem to be doing the trick. We will keep an eye on it though.

The bad news came when I then went to see the Haematologist next. I was hoping to be put on a tablet form of Clexane instead of having twice daily injections which have left my poor thighs black and blue and I'm literally running out of spots to put the needle next (not a fan of needles in the buttocks thank you very much). Sadly I will need to continue having injections for another six months at least, Doc says she isn't keen on the tablet form as not enough is known about what it could adversely effect when it comes to all my other treatments. But I will only need one needle a day which is something. Another shock is that I may have to continue blood thinning meds for the rest of my life. I hate needles!!!!!! Arrrrrrr. Although in the future I may be able to switch to warfarin.

Had twelve vials of blood taken for testing to see if I'm predisposed to DVTs (and other assorted tests) and if we need to decide on the lifetime supply. I really hope my veins aren't packing it in after all the time as the path nurse had a lot of trouble finding a functioning vein in my right arm and had to swap to the left. Consequently my right arm is now well bruised and the left one bled look the proverbial stuck pig due to the thinners. I was walking to my car when I felt my arm was wet and blood was running down my arm. I hastily retreated back to pathology and had to sit there for another 15 minutes before the bleeding stopped. That's scary! It's brought home how careful I'll need to be.

Oh well things could be a lot worse I know and I can count myself lucky in that. I'm not doing too badly compared to some of our pink sisters so I'm thinking of all of you right now and sending hugs.

Lots of love
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good and bad news today. Not too bad though. The good news is I don't have to have tests on my kidneys. My Onc told me today she doesn't believe I have a problem as I don't present with any of the 'normal' symptoms to indicated kidney damage and the antibiotics are kicking in and seem to be doing the trick. We will keep an eye on it though.

The bad news came when I then went to see the Haematologist next. I was hoping to be put on a tablet form of Clexane instead of having twice daily injections which have left my poor thighs black and blue and I'm literally running out of spots to put the needle next (not a fan of needles in the buttocks thank you very much). Sadly I will need to continue having injections for another six months at least, Doc says she isn't keen on the tablet form as not enough is known about what it could adversely effect when it comes to all my other treatments. But I will only need one needle a day which is something. Another shock is that I may have to continue blood thinning meds for the rest of my life. I hate needles!!!!!! Arrrrrrr. Although in the future I may be able to switch to warfarin.

Had twelve vials of blood taken for testing to see if I'm predisposed to DVTs (and other assorted tests) and if we need to decide on the lifetime supply. I really hope my veins aren't packing it in after all the time as the path nurse had a lot of trouble finding a functioning vein in my right arm and had to swap to the left. Consequently my right arm is now well bruised and the left one bled look the proverbial stuck pig due to the thinners. I was walking to my car when I felt my arm was wet and blood was running down my arm. I hastily retreated back to pathology and had to sit there for another 15 minutes before the bleeding stopped. That's scary! It's brought home how careful I'll need to be.

Oh well things could be a lot worse I know and I can count myself lucky in that. I'm not doing too badly compared to some of our pink sisters so I'm thinking of all of you right now and sending hugs.

Lots of love
    Janey xxx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes Louie. Good to have it all planned. Happy but also a bit nervous. Bring on Dec 4th...I think ;)