Did I run over someone in a past life?

Options
Janey235
Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
edited October 2013 in General discussion
I think I am paying for some past life crime or something. I have been feeling unwell for the past week and even ended up in emergency again after my GP examined me last Thursday as she thought my right lung was 'quiet', supposedly should be noisy when listened to through a stethoscope, and I had a mild temp as well. I find it's sometimes hard to tell with temperature because of the damn hot flushes. So off we went to emergency (we can just about point the car and let it drive itself). Apparently I fainted in the waiting area which scared the hell out of my husband but we got into the treatment area quick smart, a bit of a perk :). The treating Doctor also thought my lung was 'quiet' so I had more tests - bloods, chest X-ray, CT scan and urine test. We were there for hours. Soooooo boring! Fortunately, most of the tests were okay apart from one small blood clot which appears to be blocking an artery in my upper right lung. According to the Doc, it is concerning but not overly so and they let me go home. I was told I'd be a little short of breath especially if I overdid things and to be careful. If I notice I am having more difficulties breathing, he said to get down to emergency. Well that's stating the obvious isn't it.

To top all this off, today I phoned my GP as directed by the hospital to check on the urine test results and what do you know, I have a UTI and am now on antibiotics. I don't have any burning sensation just a frequent urge to go but my GP said the infection might be an upper UTI which apparently doesn't have that symptom. She said we might have to have some tests on my kidneys.

Well at least I now know why I'm so tired and lethargic. A result of yet another infection. I may need to have an exorcism performed soon LOL

Love
Janey xxx

Comments

• KatRoberts
    KatRoberts Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's really crappy for you.. Hope your body improves soon & you're back to good health..
    Love
    Kat xx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You sure have had a hard time. Hang in there, uti's are awful. Hopefully once the antibiotics kick in things will be better.
    Hugs
    Paula xxxx
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You sure have had a hard time. Hang in there, uti's are awful. Hopefully once the antibiotics kick in things will be better.
    Hugs
    Paula xxxx
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Gosh,you can't take a trick can you.?.I have nothing to complain about when I hear things like this.I hope you sort out your lung problem and the antibiotics do their job..A uti can be very hard to get rid of sometimes.Take it easy Janey.:)
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear about your latest hospital visit.Gee,not one but two health problems.No wonder you weren't feeling too flash.Take it easy -chocolates and trashy magazines prescribed. Sending hugs your way,love Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear about your latest hospital visit.Gee,not one but two health problems.No wonder you weren't feeling too flash.Take it easy -chocolates and trashy magazines prescribed. Sending hugs your way,love Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh dear dear dear my poor precious Janey.  I am sending your beautiful verse you gave me right back to you sister.

Life just feels so bloody unfair sometimes doesn't it hun????

I think you and I will have to have that exorcist together and get rid of those demons.

It is good you have a reason for your feeling like crap but it is crap that you have these new reasons for feeling this way.  (double dutch talking there)

Anyway you know I am thinking of you and sending you warm caring hugs to make you better soon.

We will have to tee up the exorcist for when we get to meet one day soon I hope.

Lots of love today, tomorrow and always, Mich xoxoxoxo

• Carolynvj
    Carolynvj Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Janey,
    Stay strong & take care of yourself.
    You are one of my inspirations through this site & this whole "shitty" journey.
    If there is anything I could do or say to make you feel better I would as you have done that so very often for me & I would imagine a whole lot of others on here too.
    Do what your doctors say & make yourself number one until you are feeling stronger.
    Take care Carolyn x
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think there has to be some good looking young dr at the hospital for you to go so often. Ha ha Seriously you won't know yourself when you actually start to feel better . Love and hugs adean
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think there has to be some good looking young dr at the hospital for you to go so often. Ha ha Seriously you won't know yourself when you actually start to feel better . Love and hugs adean
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just caught up with your post, Janey - hugs, hugs and hugs - do hope you are feeling a bit better by now.  Will your current injections deal with the clot?  When will they decide to do kidney tests?  Hoping your uti clears up with the antibiotics and breathing is back to normal asap. Thinking of you sweetie - love, Michelle xxxx

• VivW
    VivW Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry to hear you are down Janey, UTI's can hang around for a while, do you know about cranberry juice, it puts a lining on the bladder that stops the bacteria from growing.  You can get pure cranberry juice from the supermarket, or even better get it in higher concentration form in tablets from health food stores.  I swear by it as do friends who have used it.  Check with your GP especially if the antibiotics don't work.

Take care of yourself.

Viv

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Louie. At least I know what's wrong and can deal with it.
    Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes my husband and I have both thought a lot about 13. We can't wait until this year is done. You'll have to hang some good luck charms over your new door. How exciting though to have a new house! Bet you can't wait to move it.
    Love Janey xxx