Pink Angels

chookie63
chookie63 Member Posts: 10

A Tribute to Sarah-Jane Sharples (nee Woodward) and Amanda Rynne (MandaMoo).

This week I and many of my group of friends lost two beautiful, courageous and generously-spirited women.

Amanda was a softly-spoken young woman with a beautiful smile that was rarely off her lips. She was a significant part of the work that went into BCNA’s Hope and Hurdles program, from which so many of us have benefited - as well as just being there for people when it was needed most. She was also a tirelessly strong advocate of more support for women with advanced breast cancer. She has left behind a husband and three beautiful young children – and she has left a massive hole in our hearts.

Personally, when I underwent my double mastectomy in 2010, Amanda was one of the first to visit me in Hospital, bringing her reassuring smile – and a beautiful shawl that she had made me. I took it to bed with me last week when I heard of her passing. In order to cope with her loss, I hope to draw from her amazingly positive attitude, which included a readiness to party when the chance presented itself – and the fact that she never had a bad word to say about anybody – ever.

Sarah-Jane was as dear a friend as one could have. Almost to the very end she was actively involved in breast cancer-related fundraising and never stopped offering emotional support to others despite the terrible pain she was clearly suffering. I have no idea where this tiny, petite little woman with the Mona Lisa smile got the courage to do that, especially after receiving repeated bouts of bad news regarding her condition and prognosis. Her appearance and demeanour belied her fortitude. She was as tough as they come. She was a stunningly beautiful, softly-spoken, soft-hearted lady full of love and compassion, who will be terribly missed by us all. She will be missed most of all of course by her beloved husband, Tony, whom she married in hospital just last week – and her gorgeous 13-month old son, Elijah.

To lose two such incredible human beings in one week is as close to unbearable as any of my cancer-related experiences have been.

Heaven has two of its angels back.

I love you both to the moon and back.

Tracey Ryan (Mumma P)

Comments

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015

Hi Tracey,

that is such sad news, my heart goes out to their families, friends and all members of our community to have lost 2 beautiful human beings.

Donna

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Tracy thank you for letting us know. I'd been following Amanda's blog and found her such an inspiring woman. I am so so sad that she and and your dear friend Sarah-Jane have passed away. I know that their memories will be held dearly by all the pink ladies here and by their wonderful friends and families.
    Janey
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015

amanda was an apsolute inspiration to us all, my that was so very quick as she was only recently blogging to us all with her usual vigour. We will all miss her beautiful and wonderful advice. sympathy to her beautiful family.

Regards adean

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

I feel your pain - I would love to be able to ease it for you.  We will all find our own special way to continue on without these beautiful women who have inspired us in so many ways.  They will never be forgotten - along with all the other Pink Sisters who are now flying with the angels. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

I feel your pain - I would love to be able to ease it for you.  We will all find our own special way to continue on without these beautiful women who have inspired us in so many ways.  They will never be forgotten - along with all the other Pink Sisters who are now flying with the angels. XLeonie

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Tracey

Thank you for sharing this very very sad new with us.  I can only begin to know how hard it must have been for you to put these words together at this time so thank you.

I did read about Manda-Moo's passing and I was in total total shock.  It is amazing in that I read her posts on this site but a part of me said no way this is not possible, this can't be happening, this beautiful person cannot possibly be taken from this earth at such a young age with such a beautiful family.  She had so much to give and she had so much love still to recieve.  I really do feel total shock and absolute sadness in her passing.

I don't know whether I have ever got to meet Sarah-Jane but my heart goes out to her husband and lil baby and all her family and loved ones.  Why does this have to happen in life.

I guess god needs some extra special angels up  there right now to continue doing the wonderful work that they have begun down here with us.

I am sure these girls would not want us to be sad for them for long but to celebrate their life as best we can and to continue to spread the word.

I send you my heartfelt love Tracey and ask that you pass that on to the loved ones concerned and our pink sisters will all know we are thinking of them and sending them great big hugs at this very sad time.

My luv always, Mich xoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015

Hey Tracey

Thank you for sharing this very very sad new with us.  I can only begin to know how hard it must have been for you to put these words together at this time so thank you.

I did read about Manda-Moo's passing and I was in total total shock.  It is amazing in that I read her posts on this site but a part of me said no way this is not possible, this can't be happening, this beautiful person cannot possibly be taken from this earth at such a young age with such a beautiful family.  She had so much to give and she had so much love still to recieve.  I really do feel total shock and absolute sadness in her passing.

I don't know whether I have ever got to meet Sarah-Jane but my heart goes out to her husband and lil baby and all her family and loved ones.  Why does this have to happen in life.

I guess god needs some extra special angels up  there right now to continue doing the wonderful work that they have begun down here with us.

I am sure these girls would not want us to be sad for them for long but to celebrate their life as best we can and to continue to spread the word.

I send you my heartfelt love Tracey and ask that you pass that on to the loved ones concerned and our pink sisters will all know we are thinking of them and sending them great big hugs at this very sad time.

My luv always, Mich xoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015

Hey Tracey

My luv always, Mich xoxo

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for letting us know, Tracey. I feel so sad for their families and friends. Amanda wrote so passionately about her journey and helped others to understand what she and so many other women face with advanced breast cancer.

With Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the focus on this terrible disease in the media, it is important to remember that women and their families are facing the reality that Breast Cancer still claims many wonderful women. There is still so much that is not known about this disease and we need to continue the fight that Amanda was so passionate about. We need a cure for Breast Cancer so that other families do not have to go through this trauma.

My thoughts are with you Tracey and with Amanda's and Sarah-Jane's families. X Deanne
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015

Amanda's posts have touched my heart over and over.  Such a beautiful soul.  It is just not fair. Sending much love to her husband and children, who were her world - she reached so many people you will never know. Rest in peace our beautiful pink sister.  Michelle xxxx

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015

Amanda's posts have touched my heart over and over.  Such a beautiful soul.  It is just not fair. Sending much love to her husband and children, who were her world - she reached so many people you will never know. Rest in peace our beautiful pink sister.  Michelle xxxx

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

Thank you so much Tracey for sharing your beautiful memories of both Amanda and Sara-Jane.

May both of their smiles live on through their cherished children and shine light on those who will deeply miss them.

x

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015

Thank you so much Tracey for sharing your beautiful memories of both Amanda and Sara-Jane.

May both of their smiles live on through their cherished children and shine light on those who will deeply miss them.

x

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015

x

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015

Life is simply all about people isnt it.  About the communication we have, the love we build and the happiness it gives us.  Having been through this time with Cancer, I understand how valueable it is to tell people you care, hug those you can, and give as much heart and soul each day to our family and our friends.  

As I read your words I thought to myself, how beautifully written , and how hard it must be to let go and say good-bye, to those very special friends..  

I am sorry for your tears and heart ache,you must be experiencing right now, and I wish for them both a beautiful place in heaven.

Bel