Options
13»

Comments

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Jenny,

we all feel for you. Losing your mum like that is hard but to have received your diagnosis too, well that is plainly UNFAIR!! Do take strength from the memories, you were obviously very lucky to have a good mum, I had a completely different experience, and that is also sad.

You will receive a lot of love and support from all of your pink sisters on this site, and no question or thought is too silly.

I have said before that counselling, even a little, may be of great assuistance as we all, being women, feel we can cope with anything thrown at us but our brains are only able to take so much at one time.

Take each day as it comes, that is really all that we do, even though others think we are SO BRAVE. Take special care, XX

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Jenny,

we all feel for you. Losing your mum like that is hard but to have received your diagnosis too, well that is plainly UNFAIR!! Do take strength from the memories, you were obviously very lucky to have a good mum, I had a completely different experience, and that is also sad.

You will receive a lot of love and support from all of your pink sisters on this site, and no question or thought is too silly.

I have said before that counselling, even a little, may be of great assuistance as we all, being women, feel we can cope with anything thrown at us but our brains are only able to take so much at one time.

Take each day as it comes, that is really all that we do, even though others think we are SO BRAVE. Take special care, XX

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your lovely message Mandy...yes, my Mum was a wonderful lady and she is missed by us all! Especially my Dad who is now learning to live without her for the first time in nearly 65 years.

I am thankful to have this site to share my concerns and learn from other women such as yourself ....you are testament to others that we can and will get through this "hicccup" in our lives.  When you were diagnosed I had just had my baby boy and toddler daughter running around....fabulous days for me but you would have just started your own journey....which you have come through and now inspiring us newbies!

I did recieve a referral from a counsellor on suggestion from the breast care nurse due to my 2 terrible bouts of news....and so far this has been a positive move.  It is true that as Mum's we expect to be able to cope with anything but we are not as brave or strong as everyone expects us to be....I must admit I have had a few          melt-downs infront of my kids! They can see I am actually just human not some kind of super-woman for the first time in their lives....hard for us all!

Sending you a big cyber hug and wishing you a lovely day...Jenny x

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

and apprecaited, Jen!

Make sure you are not too hard on yourself and go with the flow of emotions eh? The kids understand but worry in their way, about their mum.. you are important! Mandy x

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm glad you liked it. He had a lovely voice. We are lucky to have it recorded. This is the drawing I drew of him. I look up at it all the time. 

Janey xxx

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow Janey! That drawing of your gorgeous Dad is just lovely! You obviously are a very talented family...you the artist...your Dad the singer/musician...! So special to have his music to listen to and look at the gorgeous drawing you did for him.....very special! x

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Soon these replies are going to go off the page LOL. My Dad was a good drawer in his youth and wanted to be a graphic designer at one stage so I guess he passed that down to me. I can play the guitar and song but would NOT EVER perform in front of anyone. Heaven forbid! I am proud of my Dad though and it is a bit sad that he's not remembered much now. Oh well.
    Janey xxx