Rest peacefully Mum..

Options

Comments

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh my dear, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mum.

I was diagnosed 18 months ago, and was lucky enough to have my mum for moral support until just before Christmas. She was 96, she had a brilliant life and she slipped away quietly and peacefully in her own bed.  Whilst I still haven't got used to the idea that she's not here, in many ways she still is.

Search for her in your head, she's there - all those little things you shared and told each other, all still there. People tell me now I am like my mum - I like to think that's her coming through.

This site is a true saviour, girls are just lovely and SO supportive. I wish you the very best in your treatment.

Travel through the grief at the pace your own heart wants, eventually the sadness will be replaced with loving memories. I am not sure how long it takes, I haven;t got there yet.

much love

magicmum

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is such sad news, loosing a parent is hard enough, let alone right ontop of being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. My heart goes out to you. Many times through my treatment i wished my mama was alive, that she was there holding my hand and helping me through, but then I thought how hard it would have been for her to watch me go through all the treatments.

Wishing you well with your on going surgery and treatment.

cheers

donna

• mgndam1603
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is such sad news, loosing a parent is hard enough, let alone right ontop of being diagnosed with Breast Cancer. My heart goes out to you. Many times through my treatment i wished my mama was alive, that she was there holding my hand and helping me through, but then I thought how hard it would have been for her to watch me go through all the treatments.

cheers

donna

• mgndam1603
    edited March 2015
    Options

cheers

donna

• jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Magicmum,

Your message was just so lovely...and exactly what I needed to hear! Our Mums really are such special people in our lives and despite yours and mine living to a lovely old age, it is still a big shock when we lose them.....but as you said, they are always with us!

I feel it's been so unfair to lose Mum at the same time as my surgery as I haven't been able to give her all my thoughts...so feeling a bit ripped off about it! Hard to explain but dealing with two bouts of bad news has been hard to deal with simultaneously....if this makes sense?

I am so glad to have come across this site and it really makes me feel like I am defo not alone in this journey...all new for me, the future is daunting but I know it will all be positive....my Mum just as yours wouldn't want it any other way! The day after my diagnosis and the day before my Mum passed away she told me "It will all be alright"....and I believe it......at my Mums funeral Dad selected "One Day at a Time" and this is my motto now......

I wish you all the best too and glad to know you are there for me too!

Jenny xxx

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your lovely message Donna.....my Mum hadn't been well for the last 14 months and I totally understand how hard it would've been for my Mum to have the added stress of seeing me going through the surgery and treatment I need.

As much as I will love her forever and wish she was still here, I also am glad she is no longer in pain or suffering.....and instead watching from up above and sending healing thoughts to me!

My best wishes to you to....so glad to have found this site and all the lovely support I am getting!

Jenny x

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's lovely that you have adopted "One Day At A Time" as your motto. It may not be but if it is the song I think it is, it was a song written by Marijohn Wilkinson & Kris Kristofferson and my Dad recorded it in the late1970s. I play it all the time as well as his other records and it's my motto too. My Dad passed away 25 years ago and I think of him every day. I drew a picture of him and it's up on my lounge room wall and I glance up with him smiling down.

If it's not a song you were talking about, it still gave me a nice surprise.

Taking things "One Day At A Time"
    Love Janey xxx
  • jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your lovely, welcoming message Chris.  It's so lovely to find such understanding and supportive ladies such as you....my cancer journey will be as difficult as everyone else's but thank God for our modern technology is here to help each other out!

I will miss my beautiful Mum so much......she will be offering her guidance and love from above I am sure!

Best of luck for your future too Chris...Jenny x

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks so much Mich for your lovely, supportive message....I am so glad to have found this site and know it will be a great source of love and understanding from others who have been through or going through the same thing.

I will miss my Mum more than anything....and having the diagnosis at the same time is the hardest situation I've ever had to deal with! I guess I will prove how strong I can be and be able to overcome it....

Thank goodness for modern technology and fabulous network of caring ladies.

Good luck to you too...Jenny x

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks so much Mich for your lovely, supportive message....I am so glad to have found this site and know it will be a great source of love and understanding from others who have been through or going through the same thing.

I will miss my Mum more than anything....and having the diagnosis at the same time is the hardest situation I've ever had to deal with! I guess I will prove how strong I can be and be able to overcome it....

Thank goodness for modern technology and fabulous network of caring ladies.

Good luck to you too...Jenny x

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers Melanie...so nice to have people who care...and yes, my family is just gorgeous!

Good karma to you...Jenny x

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Janey

Yes..that is the right song! We however used Daniel O'Donnell version of the song at my Mum's funeral....my twin sister lives in Ireland where Daniel resides and co-incidently his wife has just been diagnosed with BC too - this is the song he's using to get her throught her journey!

How wonderful hey that it has such meaning to so many of us......you for your lovely Dad....me for my beautiful Mum....and for all of us sharing BC!

Lovely to meet you on this site...I feel like you will be one of many helping me along the way! ( And in turn hoping you are getting help also ofcourse!)

Big hug - Jenny x

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

oh yes...check it out on you-tube...it has the lyrics! x

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is a link to my Dad's version you might like to listen to.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzMg4BNagdE

Hope it works. My Dad was Alan Hawking of the Hawking Brothers. You may not remember them though. They were at their height in the 70s and 80s. Dad's brother Russ pass away mid 70s but Dad carried the band on before going solo in the late 80s. I'm sure he's singing to us all right now. It's what he loved to do.
    X

• jenpen
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh Wow! What a fabulous version.......you have an extremely talented Dad and so great you have his music to listen to.....x