Silly things people have said to you

Options
13»

Comments

• kdq
    kdq Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, I can also say that the "Oh you look so well! Your skin looks amazing!" and "Your hair looks great!' comments really started wearing thin but the corker for me was when I returned to work part time and a collegue came up to me, patted me on the back and said "Are you all better now?" I had started on Tamoxifen and was really struggling with mood swings and volcanic PMT-like symptoms and I could have ripped her head off! I look back now and shake my head in disbelief that any woman could be so patronising and naive. Oh well thankfully for every thoughtless comment there are many other supportive ones!

• jocee
    jocee Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

When I expressed my sadness about my bald head, my sister said, "you are so lucky you get to have a pixie cut now".

Anyway, now that I finally have a "pixie cut", I went to the website of a young woman who demonstrated how she styles her post chemo hair to feel more feminine. And looking down at the comments, I see that someone has said that this is not a good hairstyle because it looks way too  "lesbianic".

• fionaf
    fionaf Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a dreadful comment - I love my pixie cut and am often told how chic and stylish I look and in fact I feel extremely feminine - I just don't let the small minded people bother me - so here's to loving pixie cuts:)
  • fionaf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a dreadful comment - I love my pixie cut and am often told how chic and stylish I look and in fact I feel extremely feminine - I just don't let the small minded people bother me - so here's to loving pixie cuts:)
  • fionaf
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • skarch33
    skarch33 Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi jocee -loved the new word invention of 'lesbianic' -it sounds like some form of weird worship rather than a lifestyle choice!

I think we could invent new words too -'how are you feeling?' -'brordinary' (broken/ordinary)  - let's try a few!!

My hair is still very thinnish and salt/pepper grey -it was long thick and mostly brown but a good friend said her mum had some amazing changes -from what mine is to dark brown curls (she used to be straight light brown) and had now got perfect ringlets in dark brown after 5 years! It's a little like a weird surprise waiting to see what will happen.