A great group of people

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

The Northern Cancer Support Centre have a get together opportunity for any types of people who have any types of Cancer.  It starts at 10.30am on each Wednesday, doesnt matter if youre late, and finishes about 12.  We make our hot drink and are now getting to know each other.  The time is about having a laugh, meeting new people, and a place to gain great opportunity to meet others who are at various stages in their situations.  Part of the time is spent talking about serious stuff, but we make sure we mix it up and have people leaving happy and supported when necessary.  I like the fact that there is a fabulous Counsellor there for any-one who has serious topics to discuss in private, Janny has a medical background so she can answer the tough questions, and there is Katie who has all the emotional sides covered.  I have just planted the seed and asked who wants to go to an Art Gallery with me, and got a great response.  We are all going for a coffee next  Friday instead, as we all have a variety of other commitments.  Those who are doing the Pilates Course for 6 weeks, start next week.  I am being assessed this Friday too see if Im ok to do it, before we begin.  Really enjoying the weekly group, and think its a great way to make new friends.   Bel McKenna

Tagged: