Early diagnosis

Options
2»

Comments

• tannie53
    tannie53 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Rochelle for sharing your journey. It just continues to amaze me how many of us women (and some men) are going through this. I am a pretty healthy person, eat well, exersise so this has thrown me for a six! But I keep staying positive. 

Was the anxillary node clearance a big operation? More days in hospital?? How long did it take for you to recover?

Take Care

Tanya

• Rochelle
    Rochelle Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi tanya.
    the op itself was not too bad although I had mine only 2 wks after the lumpectomy so was not fully healed. If you have a little more recovery time it should be better. It was approx 1hr op with a drain afterwards. I did find it a little bit painful due to way they are removed a the position in the armpit. Eg sleeping and movement. But once the drain was out I only spent 2 nights in the hospital. It is the loss of movement and the nerve damage I am having the most frustration with. I am a very active independent person and I want to recover quicker than is expected. I need to slow down and let nature and physio take its course.
    I am new to the network like yourself but have found sharing in the highs and lows of other survivors to be s great emotional boost. Hope we can do the same
    cheers Rochelle