Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Secondaries

Options

Comments

• chipmunk
    chipmunk Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi sweetie, so good to hear from you. Have been thinking of you heaps and wondering how you were going. Was worried when you hadn't blogged. Keep strong and positive and You will fight this.
    Hope your ultrasound goes well and results encouraging.
    Lovely to have photos done, and I am sure you looked fabulous.
    You are so amazing and the strength and courage you show is truly inspiring.
    Enjoy every day, cos the sun shines within you.
    Lots of love and hugs to you Julie xx
  • chipmunk
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi sweetie, so good to hear from you. Have been thinking of you heaps and wondering how you were going. Was worried when you hadn't blogged. Keep strong and positive and You will fight this.
    Hope your ultrasound goes well and results encouraging.
    Lovely to have photos done, and I am sure you looked fabulous.
    You are so amazing and the strength and courage you show is truly inspiring.
    Enjoy every day, cos the sun shines within you.
    Lots of love and hugs to you Julie xx
  • magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

Benign ? How good would that be !!  I've got EVERYTHING crossed.

Haha - love your h grumbling about housework. Mine hasn't yet, but I'm ready for it !

Your photo sessionsounds wonderful , stick them up all over the house, have those smiling faces lifting your spirits every day. I'm not suggesting you stick your head in the sand, but it seems to me that you are keeping a very realistic outlook and part of that is being hopeful. Bodies do weird things, sometimes the unexpected happens. Here's hoping that's YOU.

Keep fighting girl.

magicmum

• BelindaM
    BelindaM Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well ladies I am sad to report that things are NOT going well...

I have been trying Abraxane at half strength for the past 3 months and it has been an EPIC FAIL to say the least! Many of my tumors have tripled in size and I have had extensive progression all around. I am totally & uttererly gutted :(

I knew treatment was not going well as I wasn't feeling very tired and short of breathe and have been in ALOT of pain. But did not expect things to have gone pear shaped so quickly....

Soo...basically now I have been refered to Pallative care for pain management and have chosen to try yet another chemo in the hope it may buy me a bit more time with my 3 beautiful children and very brave husband! Although my Oncologist has advised me if this doesn't work...I may only have weeks left :O(

Just in case, I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all you ladies who have offered me so much kindness and support through this journey, it's been tough and painful but at the end of the day I have gotten a year with secondaries and time to prepare my family and tell them how much I dearly love them....that in it'self is a wonderful gift :)

Peace out my Pink Sistahs! LOVE TO YOU ALL xox

• BelindaM
    BelindaM Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well ladies I am sad to report that things are NOT going well...

I have been trying Abraxane at half strength for the past 3 months and it has been an EPIC FAIL to say the least! Many of my tumors have tripled in size and I have had extensive progression all around. I am totally & uttererly gutted :(

I knew treatment was not going well as I wasn't feeling very tired and short of breathe and have been in ALOT of pain. But did not expect things to have gone pear shaped so quickly....

Soo...basically now I have been refered to Pallative care for pain management and have chosen to try yet another chemo in the hope it may buy me a bit more time with my 3 beautiful children and very brave husband! Although my Oncologist has advised me if this doesn't work...I may only have weeks left :O(

Just in case, I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all you ladies who have offered me so much kindness and support through this journey, it's been tough and painful but at the end of the day I have gotten a year with secondaries and time to prepare my family and tell them how much I dearly love them....that in it'self is a wonderful gift :)

Peace out my Pink Sistahs! LOVE TO YOU ALL xox

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Belinda, well my darling - what can I say, I am shocked and deeply upset - it makes me realise how darn fragile everything is.  Unusual for me but I am having difficulty in expressing myself, but can I say that I wish you love. X x x Josie

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Belinda, well my darling - what can I say, I am shocked and deeply upset - it makes me realise how darn fragile everything is.  Unusual for me but I am having difficulty in expressing myself, but can I say that I wish you love. X x x Josie

• FD
    FD Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2015
    Options

Belinda I am so sorry to hear your news. You are an inspiration to  many. To be so brave to try another chemo shows your undeniable never ending love for your family. I have everything crossed that the next round of treatment is far more successful and helps to relieve any pain you are feeling. I can't imagine how you manage to find the strength day after day but your courage amazes me. I am sending all my love and wishes to you and your family xx Lara xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I was so sad to read your blog but inspired at the same time.Your courage is beyond words.I hope another chemo will buy you more time with your lovely family.Sending love and hugs,Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I was so sad to read your blog but inspired at the same time.Your courage is beyond words.I hope another chemo will buy you more time with your lovely family.Sending love and hugs,Tonya xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Belinda ... I have been following your journey over the last 6 months and I find your courage totally awe-inspiring.

The fact that you have accepted the inevitable and have used this precious time to spend with your family and create memories they will always hold onto, their birthdays, and yours, Christmas and the New Year (perhaps not on as grande a scale as you could wish) means that in time they will remember you with smiles not tears.

It never ceases to amaze me that through this bloody disease we make contact and form friendships with people we may never meet in this life but I'm sure we'll all get together some where, some time. Until then ...... Much love to you and yours

Shirl x0x0x

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Belinda ... I have been following your journey over the last 6 months and I find your courage totally awe-inspiring.

The fact that you have accepted the inevitable and have used this precious time to spend with your family and create memories they will always hold onto, their birthdays, and yours, Christmas and the New Year (perhaps not on as grande a scale as you could wish) means that in time they will remember you with smiles not tears.

It never ceases to amaze me that through this bloody disease we make contact and form friendships with people we may never meet in this life but I'm sure we'll all get together some where, some time. Until then ...... Much love to you and yours

Shirl x0x0x

• Kerries
    Kerries Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dear belinda thank you for sharing your story. I too have been diagnosed with secondaries this year & reading your story inspires me to know that you can do whatever it takes to fight back. I agree with you, this disease is shit & crap but you are strong enough to fight it to the end.
    Take care & love to you & your family. oxoxox
  • LeanneI
    LeanneI Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2015
    Options

Belinda - I cannot even begin to imagine the world you are living within.

Your honesty in sharing is just purely inspirational and I can't find words to describe your courage.

Every word I start to type just doesn't seem appropriate.

Your have given your family everything you possibly could have - lessons in courage, inspiration, strength and most of all immeasurable and unconditional love.  They will hold these in their hearts for their entire lives.

May you have relief from pain and as much time with your family as possible.

Love to you and your family.

Leanne xx

• chipmunk
    edited March 2015
    Options

Belinda

I just dont know where to start. I am sorry, but I have just got onto my laptop from being away on holidays.

Just cherish every moment you have on this earth with family, your beautiful children, much brave husband and friends. You have even given us - Pink Ladies - courage and strength from your blogs. I totally thank you for that :) and big hugs.

It will not be easy for anyone, but you are showing so much courage and determination to fight this wretched cancer. We all send you positive thoughts and blessings.

Hold every moment in your heart and thoughts.

Hope you have as much time with your family.

Love to you always Julie XX