Breast Implant Infection.

Options
adelaide
adelaide Member Posts: 15
Hi All,
due to have an implant and reconstruction in a few weeks I just saw  an article that came up on my news feed about Breast Implant Infection and was wondering if anyone here has had that problem or has heard of it.
Many thanks.

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Hi @adelaide My friend had an infection and it took a long time for things to come right. However, this is not the norm. Join up to the choosing reconstruction group and someone there may be able to help you. 
  • adelaide
    Options
    Thankyou so much ❤️❤️❤️
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Adelaide

Keep away from Dr Google!
    To be reading and worrying abt something that hasn't happened isn't doing you any good at all!
    A good resource, if you haven't already seen it, to give you tips and understanding including what to pack for Hospital 

https://www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/

Take care

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    Yep @adelaide - as @iserbrown says - don't get ahead of yourself & worry about the 'what ifs' ....... and definitely stay away from 'Dr Google'.  SO much of the info there is either OLD or just doesn't relate to your own diagnosis/treatment xx

Have faith in your medical team .... they'll be doing their very best for you to have the best outcome xx

take care

• Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 482
    Options
    I have 2 implants following Breast Reconstruction 2 years ago.
    No infection so far. I hope that I am correct that once healed that infection would be unlikely.
    Hopefully the risk could be almost the same as infection at any operation.
    There is always a list of possible complications. We need to be informed, so that treatment can be sought after. All the best.
  • adelaide
    Options
    Thankyou that is so good to know.❤️❤️