All the tests to update new diagnosis

Options
124»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,379
    Options
    Early advice and checking is important for lymphoedema - sometimes it’s short term if addressed quickly. I’ve done the full ten years on hormone blockers, glad to have stopped but glad I did it too. Take heart, this is all
    doable. 
  • Nicky123
    Nicky123 Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @Afraser thank you for your encouragement. I must admit, the hormone blockers (tamoxifen in my case) are really worrying me.

I have a few months before I have to go there and I know I’ve managed everything so far - but these seem to be causing me such concern. 

Of course - not everyone has side effects. One thing at a time. I’ll recovery from Friday’s surgery, get through the radiotherapy and then next steps.

Oh - and have my mirena removed 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank you for sharing. 
    Nicky 🌸
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,379
    Options
    One thing at a time is a very practical and sensible approach. Remember that hormone blockers are recommended but not forced on you, if the side effects are too difficult you can stop. There is insufficient research on whether shorter periods of hormone blocker medication has some benefit- even after five years I could not find any research that said seven years (for example) was better than five if not as good as ten years. Side effects vary immensely - joint pain and aches are quite common and I had none at all. Other side effects may vary with age or your own health levels. One of the better side effects of bc is trying things you never thought you would - same applies to hormone blockers. Good luck and best wishes.