Letrozole - Fracture in spine

Options
2»

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Thanks @iserbrown and @Keeping_positive1. Agree knowing is much better and I can do something about it. I will look at those sites you mentioned too. I do pilates with the physio so will be getting my program updated now I have these results.

The self care never stops and takes a reasonable bit of my day, every day. I am glad I know what it is and I can now take steps to help my situation. Thank you to everyone for reading my vent. Much appreciated.

On a positive note I had my 3rd mammogram and ultrasound today post diagnosis ie year 3 and all clear- no evidence of disease. Horaay!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,612
    Options
    So sorry to read of your fracture - but so glad it is not Mets xxx. I think you'll have to be very aware of what you are lifting (and how) - eg your grandson, the wet washing, putting things away in cupboards etc ....  cos there's not much they can to to 'fix' the fracture, other than R&R ...  so take care xx

That's great that your MG & US are all clear too xx. Woohoo xx

take care xx
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 925
    Options
    @Cath62 I've realised in my message earlier I forgot to say I glad the pain you had was not mets.   I hope you didn't think inwas insensitive.  Xxx
  • Cath62
    Options
    Not at all @Locksley. I gave glad no mets too. I am pleased to know what the pain was so now I can do something about it. Best wishes to you 💐
  • Cath62
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Well now I have been to my oncologist and breast surgeon and have all different views on why I have a fracture at T9 of my spine.

My GP says osteoporosis based on a bone scan. I had a xray, bone a scan and bone density test and bloods.

Hospital Emergency had no diagnosis and were checking for a blood clot in my lungs. The did a contrast CT of chest and bloods. 

My oncologist still wants to check for bone mets and ordered an MRI. She looked at bone scan, contrast CT, bone density and bloods. Based on my bone density she disagreed with my GP that I had osteoporosis. She said my spine was normal but femur was pre osteoporosis. She suggested I get results from mri and the we discuss a PET scan or seeing an endocrinologist. She actually said maybe I will never know why I got that fracture.

My breast surgeon was also copied into all results including the MRI that the oncologist ordered. The MRI only showed the T9 fracture and confirmed no bone mets. My breast surgeon used to be a general surgeon and she actually suggested my pain episode may have been pancreatitis but couldn't explain the fracture.

So 4 different doctors and 4 different views and now I am still in the dark. Next step: I have a telephone consultation with the oncologist next week on 14th to get mri results i already know indicating the fracture. I don't know whether I just forget it and move forward or go back to the GP to look further. I am already $1400 out of pocket for all the tests. Happy to pay more but not sure i will get anywhere with this.  Any thoughts?
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,612
    Options
    Golly Gosh - lots of activity going on @Cath62 ..... good to see that they have jumped onto all the scans/tests - but weird that no-one has similar opinions on the fracture!

My understanding of Pancreatitis is extreme gut pain - worse than childbirth .... 

I can't really offer specific suggestions .... it appears to have been quite thorough - unless you send the scans to someone else to review as well?

Take care & all the best for your Telecon next week. xx