Greetings Sisters

Stone90
Stone90 Member Posts: 17
Just wanted to reach out and share my encouragement with you all. I'm 32 and was diagnosed 2 days before Christmas. I've struggled as I've come to terms with being on this journey, but already I see people that God has placed in my path to come along side me and walk with me through this valley. I can see Jesus in the way they are loving and serving me. Tomorrow the minister comes to pray with my husband and I. God has been generous so far in answering prayers for peace. Please pray for me as I trust God, that He will give me everything I need to be a good spouse and mother during this season.

I saw below that someone has been comforted by the song He Will Hold Me Fast. I too have found comfort in this. Please know I am grateful to God for everyone of you. Praying that you too will know the He will hold you fast <3.

With love

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Stone90 I have been offline for three months and just got back on. The struggle is real but God does place the most amazing people beside us. I lost some friends during this time but gained some amazing new ones. I will pray for you as you continue on this walk. Sending much love.
  • Steff777
    Steff777 Member Posts: 9
    Hi @Stone90 and @Blossom1961 I was diagnosed in October and this is my first post. Although it is a tough journey at times, God has really been walking closely with me through it, and like you @Blossom1961, I have had amazing people supporting, encouraging me, and praying for me and walking beside me. I have found it really helpful to keep a google doc journal of all the blessings and encouragement I have received. God bless you both.
  • Blossom1961
    How are you @Stone90 and @Steff777?  Just thought I would touch base and send you both a hug.
  • Stone90
    Hi @Blossom1961, I'm doing quite well thanks. Been very well supported by my church community. They've made me a prayer quilt which I received at church today. I'm awaiting my pathology results post surgery - I'll find out this Thursday. Biggest concern is how I'm going to manage being away from my children while I undergo treatment (there is no radiation treatment centre in my town). Thanks for being my sister in Christ x
  • Blossom1961
    Hi @Stone90 I wrote a message on the main forum to you. My heart goes out to you at this time and I had to hold back some tears but whatever decision you make, God will be with you and the littlies.

My church family did not support me during my first bout with BC and we changed churches soon after my treatment finished. My second bout of BC found me in a very supportive church and it made a huge difference. Let your church family help you in whatever way they can. It not only blesses you but them as well.

Love Blossom
  • Stone90
    Thanks for you kind words and support @Blossom1961

I am so sorry to hear your first church didn't support you. How disappointing. We have really been so supported. On a meal train now, and lots of offers of help. Some sisters in Christ came and cleaned my bathrooms on the weekend. It's been just amazing the generosity. 

I'm pleased you've foun a more supportive church. I'll include you in my prayers today x 
  • Blossom1961
    @Stone90 I have sent a prayer for you. So sad your children cannot go with you but you will do better knowing they are being well looked after so you can concentrate on getting through all this. Sending love and prayers.
  • Steff777
    Hi @Blossom1961 and @Stone90, sorry I haven't been on this forum for a while so just saw your message above. Since then I finished chemo, had my operation and then radiation! I am now starting to feel much much better!  God has been with me every step of the way thankfully! God bless you both!
  • Blossom1961
    @Steff777  Wonderful news. Bless you heaps. Give those littlies some extra cuddles
  • Blossom1961
    Oops. Sorry. Got my people confused. @Stone90, give your littlies a big cuddle. @Steff777 not sure if you have littlies. Please accept a big hug from me.
  • Steff777
    Thanks @Blossom1961! No littlies any more but I am a big fan of e-hugs! You made my day! 🌷🌷🌷
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    God will always provide what we need, our job is to accept the gifts and helps that HE sends to us.