Tips for after surgery care

2»

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,276
    So pleased your ok @4Coco. Re your dressing maybe give the breast care nurse or dr a call to check.

My dressing came was removed the morning after my surgery  but I had to leave the non water proof dressings on until they feel off.  We all have different wounds and care types so best to check.

Rest up, be kind to yourself. Big hugs to you xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,568
    Well done, @4Coco!!  I hoped that you felt much better once it was 'done'!!

I kept my dressing on til I saw the Breast Care nurse the week or two after ..... when she removed it & checked that all was OK.  As @Cath62 said - different surgeons use different dressings ...... and some stay on longer than others ... so definitely double check with the breast care nurse.

Just don't do any heavy lifting (washing, grand kids etc - even making the bed can be tricky for a little while.)

You'll see your surgeon in the next couple of weeks for your pathology report - don't forget to record that one, for your own records - and take a friend with you as a spare set of ears!

take care xx well done

• 4Coco
    4Coco Member Posts: 48
    Thanks @arpie   -  I have it in my head that it was a week but I will def check.   
  • 4Coco
    I didn't get the results I was hoping for  -  some cancer remains and I'll have to have some further scans - radiology to see  what my options are for 2nd op.

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,276
    Oh @4Coco I am so sorry to hear this news. It is a disappointment for you. Big hugs to you. 

When are your next appointments? I am sure a new plan will be developed quickly so you can remove and treat whatever is there.
    The treatment plan is the key and your team of people will work out what's right for you. 

There are ladies on here who have had 2 surgeries and other treatment and are doing well. My friend @Locksley was one I know who had to deal with 2 surgeries. 

It is alot to process. I hope you have support around you with your family and friends. Stay in touch x 💐
  • 4Coco
    Hi @Cath62     I have a CT scan on Monday and then see Drs on Weds to discuss what comes next.

• Caramello
    Caramello Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2021
    @4Coco sorry to hear that...I have my 1 week follow up after lumpectomy tomorrow morning. Feeling nervous the longer I wait 😓 
  • 4Coco
    Hello @Caramello  -  Hope all goes well for you at your appointment tomorrow.
  • Caramello
    Caramello Member Posts: 3
    Thanks @4coco
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,568
    That's a bugger, @4Coco - all the best for your CT on Monday & follow up appts ..... try & keep as busy as you can over the weekend, to stop that mind/brain from going off into tangents ...... xx

As @Cath62 says - a few ladies have had to go back to get those clearer margins .... and are doing great ..... 

@Caramello - all the best for your results too xx.  Once you have your 'plan', you should feel more settled xx  Jump over to the Newly Diagnosed thread & put up your story so far .... then you can update it 'as you go' ...... my 'first post' ended up being 6 pages long and went for nearly 11 months, on & off!!  LOL

take care, you two! xx

• 4Coco
    Thanks @arpie  - yes brain wandering needs to be kept on a lead I think  LOL