Has anyone taken 'Before' and 'After' pics?

Options
2»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Good on you @ScorpionQueen - helping others (and yourself) in the manner that you have, is admirable. xx

Would members be able to PM you for the facebook link?  I think that would be a terrific start for those who do want to see ..

Have fun with your Warriors and Gods photo shoot!  Sounds awesome!  I love the pic of the lady in my first post! I thought it was terrific.

Thank you for your sage words and advice xx.

Yes, I see them as battle scars and you've 'won'! - I am just luckier to not have as many as (or as obvious) others do 

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    I look a bit like a great white took a chomp, decided that I tasted somewhat yucky, and then spat me out again. Scar goes from one armpit, straight across to the other. Dents and bumps where it goes down to the ribs, and mounds where muscle has bunched up in a knot. I'm used to it now...I preferred my previously rather plump 18DD frontage, and I've lost a convenient spot to keep my cable needle when knitting.
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    Options

arpie said:

Good on you @ScorpionQueen - helping others (and yourself) in the manner that you have, is admirable. xx

Would members be able to PM you for the facebook link?  I think that would be a terrific start for those who do want to see ..

Have fun with your Warriors and Gods photo shoot!  Sounds awesome!  I love the pic of the lady in my first post! I thought it was terrific.

Thank you for your sage words and advice xx.

Yes, I see them as battle scars and you've 'won'! - I am just luckier to not have as many as (or as obvious) others do 

@arpie I feel like a rag doll that been stitched back together! I can’t wait to do the shoot though! 

Thanks for your kind words! Here is the link to my blog
    https://www.facebook.com/anordinarywomansextraordinaryexperience/

As for the private group...anyone who is interested in seeing my experience through pictures please click on the invitation link below....warning my photos are confronting and very raw and real. 
    https://fb.me/g/kXFF3szcq/gIxStNdf

Wishing you all a glorious day! Xx

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Thank you so much for that, @ScorpionQueen - I would imagine that you will receive a few invites  xx

All the best for your photo shoot!!  Can't wait to see the pics!  ;)

Gorgeous day here today - supposed to be wet & windy!   WRONG!

• MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Im a bit late to this discussion. I dont come on here as much these days.

I went and had a look what photos i took. 

I took one photo immediately before surgery (with a yellow bruise from a biopsy or the nuclear dye one), one immediately after surgery (the day after). I have taken photos every now and again since.

What my chest looked like after surgery is actually quite different to how it healed. I had a nice straight pocket of skin after surgery and now that its healed its a bit twisted up. Im having surgery friday to remove the skin in a 1 hr day surgery and i plan to take a photo after that. Aesthetic flat closure. 

Its a continum of healing inside and out. 

There are websites which show aethetic flat closure results for both double and single mastectomies. With results following first mastectomy (where skin is left) versus after the revision. I think there is a view that surgeons withhold aesthetic flat closure but this is not my experience. 

Personally i think i look fine with the skin but i do think its confronting to others. Ive found it hard to wear a prosthetic snd bra comfortably. Ive therefore become comfortable flat in most situstions (not all). 

I did go to the private group and look at reconstructions. It took me a while to build up the nerve to be honest. Women are amazing who go down this path for sure but not for me. 

So i guess yes id be okay sharing if it would help others. Certainly others have helped me with their shares.