Third time lucky?

Options
2»

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @luckyme

Like you I feel a tad greedy :D I've had it twice in the same breast but 4yrs apart. I was on Tamoxifen and the Oncologist said unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone, it didn't for me so he took me off it and I'm now on Aromasin. I had lumpectomy and radiation first time, however it was aggressive the 2nd time in 2015, so had to have chemo and lumpectomy. 1yr later once I was through treatment and healed, the Oncologist recommended I do the mastectomy, so I did in 2017, however I did do a reconstruction. 

Mentally I'll be honest I struggled with the thought of the Mastectomy, however once I got it right in my head the rest followed beautifully. I'm 4yrs on now from the recon and I haven't looked back, my only thing I have always felt though was, I wish I had done the double with  recon, as then I would have reduced in cup size as well. I also wouldnt have to worry about the right side moving forward. 

All the best to you, it doesn't get easier no matter how many times you go through it, it's just a different challenge each time. Hugs M. x
  • luckyme
    luckyme Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Best wishes for your upcoming surgery 
    Take care
  • luckyme
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    Options
    Good luck for the surgery tomorrow @luckyme. I found recover relatively easy. Pain shouldn't be a problem as they can give you medication to ensure you are not in pain. Just remember to tell them if you have pain and accept any meds they offer. No point being a martyr and putting up with pain! I look forward to hearing that you have sailed through the surgery! xx
  • luckyme
    Options
    Thanks.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,574
    Options
    All the best for your surgery, @luckyme xx. take care, make haste slowly xx

• luckyme
    Options
    Thanks.