dumb thing people say

Options
13»

Comments

• robsue
    robsue Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options

yes l agree people thing that cause chemo radation finished youre back to normal , and you are supposed to be able to do what you used to prior cancer , l was at the vets for sedation for me dog anyway the vet was explaining the medication l want for the dog was not good and hads bad effects , then in the next breath she said look its like you coming in here asking for chemo   so youre hair falls out well l burst into tear then she said oh  did l something wrong mind you the reception girl was there and knew what ld gone through she was horrifieof  the comment of the vet made quietly she passed me the tissues ,  its hard enought going though all of this cancer stuff treatment hair loss nails lost without people and there comments  some people just dont think

• robsue
    robsue Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015
    Options

yes l agree people thing that cause chemo radation finished youre back to normal , and you are supposed to be able to do what you used to prior cancer , l was at the vets for sedation for me dog anyway the vet was explaining the medication l want for the dog was not good and hads bad effects , then in the next breath she said look its like you coming in here asking for chemo   so youre hair falls out well l burst into tear then she said oh  did l something wrong mind you the reception girl was there and knew what ld gone through she was horrifieof  the comment of the vet made quietly she passed me the tissues ,  its hard enought going though all of this cancer stuff treatment hair loss nails lost without people and there comments  some people just dont think

• hilsandglen
    hilsandglen Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Iberch so sorry to hear about your pathology results. I too am her2 +++ and Er+++ I had 12 nodes removed with 3 being cancerous and originally had a lumpectomy but the 2 days later ended up having a mastectomy, with  multiple tumours the largest 80mm . Was a huge amount to take in. My advise to you is to try not to think about it too much ( easier said than done I know) once you find out what treatment you will be getting you can concentrate on that. As far as the her2 goes thank goodness we live in the days where we have herceptin! It is a long road ahead, I am now continuing with my herceptin and take a hormone blocker after having my overies removed. I know what you mean about the journey comment , it almost implies that there is a destination !!!! I also hate the :well you will get back to normal soon!" what the hell does that mean? this site is fantastic a great place to go when everywhere else is too scary . The girls here are fantastic . Keep in touch and remember we are all on your side Fond regards Hilary xxx

• hilsandglen
    hilsandglen Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Iberch so sorry to hear about your pathology results. I too am her2 +++ and Er+++ I had 12 nodes removed with 3 being cancerous and originally had a lumpectomy but the 2 days later ended up having a mastectomy, with  multiple tumours the largest 80mm . Was a huge amount to take in. My advise to you is to try not to think about it too much ( easier said than done I know) once you find out what treatment you will be getting you can concentrate on that. As far as the her2 goes thank goodness we live in the days where we have herceptin! It is a long road ahead, I am now continuing with my herceptin and take a hormone blocker after having my overies removed. I know what you mean about the journey comment , it almost implies that there is a destination !!!! I also hate the :well you will get back to normal soon!" what the hell does that mean? this site is fantastic a great place to go when everywhere else is too scary . The girls here are fantastic . Keep in touch and remember we are all on your side Fond regards Hilary xxx

• Pennybryn
    Pennybryn Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ibirch.  I hate the words "breast cancer journey".  To me a "journey" is when you travel somewhere nice, a place filled with lovely memories and good times, and we sure aren't there now.

I wish you well with the results of your scans.

Dale