dumb thing people say

Options

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Want to hear another disgusting thing.  My husband's aunt just passed away and she left instructions and money for her youngest son to pay for the wake.  He never paid for a thing (it was only close family gathered after the internment of the ashes- about 8 of us).  He also left early as he said he had to do his washing before moving on with his campavan and his lovely older wife.  This fella doesn't work and has sponged off his wife and mother all these years.  We thought it was funny that his two older brothers kept saying "get ........to buy you a beer".  My husband and I always pay our own way so just did like we always do.  After this "human being" left his brother old us the reason.  We were utterly gobsmacked and won't be telling my mother in law.  She would be so hurt that her nephew would do that to his deceased mother.  "They" are out there everythere and when we come across them we all must RUN and very QUICKLY. XLeonie

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

While we were at my grandmother's funeral, her favourite son (the baby) was clearing out our house. We lived on the family farm, which my father had paid for, and Granny lived with us in the main house....we had 3 rooms which my parents added to the house. All the family photos, Bible, and any heirlooms were gone on our return from the cemetary. We thought the reason he wasn't at the burial was he was too overcome!

• hilsandglen
    hilsandglen Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2015
    Options

This one will blow you all away...... My husband of 39 years just told me he isnt in love with me anymore! he says he will do what it takes to get me through this as he feels morally obligated to ! Phycologist here I come xxx

• lbirch
    lbirch Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well all I can say is "I dont know what to say" so sorry. and carma ,carma, carma.  Hang in there.

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh, my goodness! As if breast cancer isn't enough! What an absolute prick! I wish you lived near me and I would see you through all this and more! I don't know what to say! Except hang in there and all of us at BCNA  will be here for you.

I am so sorry,

LynneXXX

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a shit.  But then again he was honest and didn't leave you "wondering" about his actions.  I so feel for you.  Do you have family?  There are a few women doing it on their own - some with little ones.  These ladies need a medal (yes you Smiley!!)  One consolation - don't buy him a Xmas pressie!!!!!  Spend the $$$ on yourself.  We Pink sisters will always be here with you  XLeonie

• Jo B
    Jo B Member Posts: 47
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG - What as a..hole!!   Talk about bad timing.   That's so big of him to say he will do what it takes to get you through because he feels morally obligated.    All I can say is what goes around comes around.   Thinking of you.   

Jo xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just read your blog Hilary -can't believe your husband said that to you.If he really cared about getting you through bc then he should have have kept his mouth shut.Are we supposed to think how noble,he has morals-he's got to be kidding!!Unfortunately this bc journey can either make you stronger as a couple or drive you apart.I'm so sorry this is happening to you now-yes,seek counselling and a lawyer??

Tonya xx

• Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's horrible and really selfish too! The first time I had treatment, I met a young mum with a three year old and a 17 month old whose husband left her because he couldn't handle it! He said he might come back when treatment was finished!! No thanks!!
  • Jrova
    Jrova Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's horrible and really selfish too! The first time I had treatment, I met a young mum with a three year old and a 17 month old whose husband left her because he couldn't handle it! He said he might come back when treatment was finished!! No thanks!!
  • hilsandglen
    edited March 2015
    Options

My dear sisters thank you so much for all your support. Agendum I have been married for 30 years( my typing isnt great oopps!) I have been to see my medical onc and she has given me some tab. Efexor has anyone else been on those? and I have been to see the councillor and the social worker. All very helpful . This has been a year of loss ,people who I thought were friends and turned out not to be,others who make my cancer all about them and now this. What doesn't kill you eh? One good thing is that I am still on herceptin every three weeks so I am still connected to all the services at the hospital and this has been a blessing. Wishing you all peaceful and healthy Christmas's Love hilary xx

• hilsandglen
    edited March 2015
    Options

My dear sisters thank you so much for all your support. Agendum I have been married for 30 years( my typing isnt great oopps!) I have been to see my medical onc and she has given me some tab. Efexor has anyone else been on those? and I have been to see the councillor and the social worker. All very helpful . This has been a year of loss ,people who I thought were friends and turned out not to be,others who make my cancer all about them and now this. What doesn't kill you eh? One good thing is that I am still on herceptin every three weeks so I am still connected to all the services at the hospital and this has been a blessing. Wishing you all peaceful and healthy Christmas's Love hilary xx

• lbirch
    lbirch Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    Options

bad news. Biopsy results, upgrade to 3, lymph nodes have cancer, body scans and bone scans on 29th and more surgery on 3rd, axillary clearence and more breast. HER2 positive.

Does any one else hate the words, breast cancer journey?

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yeh,"journey" sounds like you are going on some fun trip and that it ain't!! We will have to think of another term. So sorry Ibirch to hear about your "not so good"results.I think going for those body/bone scans and then waiting for the results put your anxiety levels through the roof.Must be hard to get the Christmas spirit happening when you"ve got more surgery and tests to face afterwards.Maybe some of the other type of spirit might help.

Tonya xx

• Chris
    Chris Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Ibirch, so sorry to hear about your path results, they are a bit of a bugger. Last year each time I saw the Dr there seemed to be a bit more bad news. I got to the point that I became paranoid that his visits would always mean more bad news. Like you, I was graded at a 3, when initially they thought my 4 mm tumour would be a grade 1 and only require a lumpectomy and radiotherapy. I had 2 surgeries in the end, and came out of hospital last year on Christmas morning, to the best news ever. I ended up having a mastectomy and half my lymph nodes removed, but though the tumour was actually 21mm, and grade 3, it hadn't moved to the lymph nodes, but had a lot of lymphovascular formation. I would still need chemo. 12 months later, I'm feeling great. My hair is growing back, I've had a prophylactic
    mastectomy on the other side and have tissue
    expanders, and a bust line again. My exchange will
    happen in 3 weeks. I wish you good results with your
    scans, and hope that the next year isn't too bad for
    you. For me it wasn't as bad as I imagined. The chemo
    didn't knock me around, so I hope you will also be ok with it. I can not believe a year has passed since my "journey" began.
    Love Chris xx