Fear of recurrence

Options
2»

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Many of us will be glad to see the back of 2020! We are all glad to be of any help at all, but your own determination and strength will win the day. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    @2MC Oh my, it really has been a rough year for you. No wonder you have so much anxiety. I’m so sorry about your dad and your dog, my deepest condolences ❤️. And I hope whoever did that to your dog gets their karma. 
    I’m similar to you with the anxiety you’ve had since a teen. I witnessed it quite young and my parents unfortunately never thought it would be a good idea to help me in some way. Psychologists were a big no no back then, especially in South Eastern Europe, where I come from. It’s taken to the age of 40 and my own cancer diagnosis to finally get myself into gear and do what needs to be done to deal with all that trauma and fear I carry. It’s hard, and even one hour with the psychologist can leave me feeling fatigued for the rest of the day. I also realised it’s not a bag of worries I carry, but a whole bus load of suitcases. But I’m already seeing massive results and as I said, am feeling happier and more liberated than ever. It’s also helping my social anxiety. But as with everything, it goes back and forth. 
    After everything you’ve been through this year, you’re doing quite well. You’ll get to your happy place again, it’s waiting for you ♥️
  • 2MC
    2MC Member Posts: 59
    Options
    @FLClover
    I’m sorry you have also had to live with this condition 
    in my day you didn’t talk about feeling different or strange and my panic attacks where experienced but not shared
    I’ve stayed strong on my own for so long until I met my Husband and Best Friend 
    I’m glad at 47yo I had the good sense to reach out for psychological help during treatment 
    I nearly didn’t thought I’d tough it out.

you’re Amazing thank you so much
    i wish you good physical and mental health for the future xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I think even the most resilient of people would have experienced some ongoing anxiety after that experience.
    I'm over 4 years on after treatment and found some lumps in my forearm. Of course I was certain it was mets so opted to not get tested until I finished my last assignment for my uni study. Sounds weird I know...but I know how hard that initial stage of testing is etc and I just wanted to finish...cancer already put me behind 4 years. So in that 3 weeks of course z
    I was constantly feeling the lumps which turned out to just be fatty lipomas...why are they there..who knows? Anyways...perfectly normal response and I'm so happy you had a good outcome.
  • 2MC
    Options
    @primek
    wow! You’re Amazing to stay strong and finish your assignment 
    under that condition well done and congratulations on being 4 years cancer free

thank you for your kind words and I’m hoping  after my First mammogram Since treatments and surgery if all goes well my anxiety can be put on a shelf for a while so I can get back to work and my life 😊

• 2MC
    Options

@Zoffiel  sorry to hear you had to do this twice
    I’m not soft in the head but I do suffer from extreme anxiety and probably border line hypochondriac so working out the difference between normal aches and not normal is difficult and sometimes I wonder if my anxiety makes everything hurt more
    anyway this is something I am working on

on top of that trying to understand how long my breast and armpit should be sensitive and sore after surgery and Rad,s
    my mind like to run and create scenarios why I’m experiencing the sensations and they are never good

I do try and imagine the me in 10 years healthy and cancer free and what advice that future me would give myself 
    and I know it would say don’t waste the life you have stressing out and start living

anyway peace and love x