Logan area

Options
Kathryne
Kathryne Member Posts: 78
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

I was just wanfering if anyone is from the logan area  of Brisbane and would like to meet up for coffee sometime. I cant find a support group anywhere near me and I am feeling rather alone on my cancer journey and would love to meet others who are in the same situation as me. I live at Underwood.

Kathryne

Tagged:

Comments

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathryne

Sorry to hear that there are no support groups near you in Logan. I live on the Northside of Brisbane in Rothwell and have joined up with a great group of ladies at Strathpine we meet every fortnight at the Pine Rivers Bowls club alternating morning and evening.  It's a long way to come but if you had family or friends that way you could combine it! Have you checked with your breast care nurse about a local group there must be one out your way. There is also Choices at the Wesley Hospital which has lots of activities but again it's quite a long way.

I hope you can find a groups as i have found it invaluable and the ladies I have met are just so understanding.

Good luck in your quest

Sarah x

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathryne, did you findt the search page for BCNA member groups?  It's here, if you want to take a look: http://www.bcna.org.au/membergroup/search. Just put your postcode in the postcode box, choose how far you're willing to travel, and then click search.  Underneath the search boxes you'll see the results come up (you can switch to map view to see them as pins on a map by clicking on the 'map' tab).

I gave it a quick try using 4119 and 30km, and The Redlands Group looks like it might not be too far from you (but I don't know that area very well, so probably best not to take my advice without checking for yourself! :).

Hope that helps.

Di

• Kathryne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank You Di

I was hoping to find one a little closer to home as I take endone and oxycontin for pain and cant drive at the moment. The group in the Redlands is about 40 minutes from me so it is a bit far.  I will keep looking.

Kathryne

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, that sounds a little far to go.  I think Wendy has been running the Redlands group for a while, so she might know if there's anyone near you.  Her contact details are on the page link if you want to give her a call -- I'm sure she won't mind. :)

~Di

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kathryne, can you get into Brisbane? I would love to meet up with you but would never make it to Underwood. I have no sense of direction and get lost very easily. But I can get to the CEntral Train Station in the city with no problems. It is the changing trains and platforms I have trouble with :)

If you would like to meet up with me I am sure we could have a lovely time over a coffee. I might even be able to talk a couple of others from our group to come, too

regards,

Lynne

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynne and Kathryn

I would come and meet you for coffee too or if you want Lynne I could pick you up and we could go to somewhere over the Gateway , How about Ikea I can get free coffee there!!! Just depends on my roster too!

Love Sarah x

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

I LOVE Ikea! It is one of my top 3 shops...the others being Spotlight and Bunnings!! So much to see!! So that is 2 of us! We could make a party!

Love,

Lynne

• Kathryne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lynn and Sarah

I am not sure which Ikea you mean I only know where one is would yo be meaning the one at Slacks Creek on the service road off Logan road?? I can get there easy. Otherwise I can get the South Brisbane and we can meet somewhere in South Bank .  I look forward to meeting with you both  soon.

Kathryne

• Kathryne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lynn and Sarah

I am not sure which Ikea you mean I only know where one is would yo be meaning the one at Slacks Creek on the service road off Logan road?? I can get there easy. Otherwise I can get the South Brisbane and we can meet somewhere in South Bank .  I look forward to meeting with you both  soon.

Kathryne

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great! Either venue (and yes it is the one off Logan Rd) but it all depends on Sarah and her work roster. We will keep you posted,

Love,

LynneXXX

• Maxene_36
    Maxene_36 Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi guys, Katheryne and I live pretty close to each other, but I would love to join with you all for a cuppa as well - I live in Jimboomba and work on Ann Street in town.  And yes, Ikea is the BEST place to shop - can't wait to get in there once we build our new house..... 

Am off work this week coming - chemo on Monday -  will be around on the coming weekend, but will make it any time that suits all.  Katheryne, I'm happy to be the designated driver for you if you like!!  

Take care ladies,

Maxie xx

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Excellent!!! The more the merrier, as they say. Look forward to meeting you in real touchy life,

Love,

Lynne

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lynne, I think we need to make you our official social secretary, you're so good at the meeting-up thing!   Good on you! :)

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks, Di. I know how important it was to me to meet people so I really enjoy getting in touch with others. I feel quite selfish really as I reckon I probably benefit as well as, if not more!!! lol

I hope we can be of help to Kathryne and Maxene.....anyone else that wants to come. I love Maxene's pic so I am looking forward to meeting her as well.

Cheers,

Lynne

• Kathryne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ok ladies just name the date and time and I will be there, thanks for the offer of a lift Maxene once we know the date I will call you. Lookng forward to meeting you all, its just what the Dr ordered .

Kathryne